Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pomade

Jan

One of the Regulars
It is. It's similar to Black & White in terms of product type, but holds better.

The scent is killer, I've only seen a few cats who don't dig it.

You can get the 1.3 oz tin through Hairgum USA, but Pomade Shop is the place to get the 13oz tin.

motorpsycho67

Familiar Face
Question guys:

I've been using Krew Comb the last 15 years, and have started using it with other slightly stronger holding pomades the last few years. I still haven't found a good pomade that'll hold my mop the way I want. I've tried many, but none seem to do the trick. I keep coming back to Krew Comb. I have thin hair, so I can't use anything heavy and it's hard to find a good pomade without any shine, which is what I prefer. Seems as though the only pomades with decent (medium) hold are thick and heavy.

Any suggestions?

motorpsycho67

Familiar Face
Question guys:

I've been using Krew Comb the last 15 years, and have started using it with other slightly stronger holding pomades the last few years. I still haven't found a good pomade that'll hold my mop the way I want. I've tried many, but none seem to do the trick. I keep coming back to Krew Comb. I have thin hair, so I can't use anything heavy and it's hard to find a good pomade without any shine, which is what I prefer. Seems as though the only pomades with decent (medium) hold are thick and heavy.

Any suggestions?

Nobody?

RichardH

One of the Regulars
Anybody here have any experience ordering from dappermanvintage.com ?
I placed an order a few days ago, but I haven't gotten any confirmation about the order or anything (I've only got the PayPal receipt) .

Jan

One of the Regulars
Check out Hairgum USA's pomade. They're medium weight, but hold much better than other medium weight pomades on the market.

Jan

One of the Regulars
I've emailed them a while back, but never heard back from them, so I haven't placed an order through them. Can't confirm or deny that they're active or not.

RichardH

One of the Regulars
Got the two cans of Dapperman that I ordered, shipping was fast (over the pond). It does not look and feel like a regular pomade when you scoop it out of the can, and it doesn't really smell anything either (which is okay) , but it gives ya a nice hold and excellent shine, thats for darn sure! It's also easy to apply and re-style as you wish. For gents with a short/medium (enough length to do a classic side part) hair, this is a great pomade made with all natural products. If it is as easy to wash out as they claim, I'll never go back to petrolatum-based products again.

The only thing I miss is a stronger scent.

FedoraFan112390

Practically Family
Your hair gel/cream/hair oil of choice?

For the gents here:
What hair oil, gel or cream do you use to style your hair?
I use most often Brylcreem, or American Crew, and on occasion my fiancee will run through some more modern styling gels, but I prefer the older stuff.

Also, how good is Groom and Clean as compared to Brylcreem? Which has the better hold? Which gives a more wet look?

BladeOfAnduril

One of the Regulars
I used American Crew gel for a long time, but grew tired of the hard, crunchy feel of it after drying. I switched to Groom and Clean a few months ago and I'm never going back. It's great stuff. Much more affordable. It offers good hold (I have thick hair that gets curly as it lengthens) and a good shine, though the shine will dull as the day wears on. It also has a great scent.

skbellis

One of the Regulars
Also, how good is Groom and Clean as compared to Brylcreem? Which has the better hold? Which gives a more wet look?

For my hair Groom and Clean has more hold than Brylcreem, but I would have to say Brylcreem has a lot more shine to it. Personally I really like Groom and Clean, it isn't too messy, easy to wash out, decent hold and doesn't smell bad. Also, it is pretty inexpensive.

I was in Detroit on business. I stopped by the Murray's headquarters and they discontinued Sweet Georgia Brown in purple. Unclear what is going to happen to red cans and blue cans. Sad to see the purple go. Hope they will keep the line but it doesn't look good.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I got a tin of Murrays to give it a try, and so far I'm not too fond of it. I've been using Brylcreem for years, but I moved and I can't find any here. Murrays is easy to get, but I'm really missing my Brylcreem.

mooglesrcute

New in Town
there are rules in hairstyling, and they are all broken at times; that said, Pomade is really a 'dry' styling product, and generally I feel like I have much better control and results when applying it dry.

maybe try showering at night, so your hair is already dry in the morning? Or break out the blowdryer, cause heck while you got that out, use it to heat up pomade can really help make it loose enough to rake through hair.

That's all you're doing when you rub it in your palms, creating friction, creating heat, so using a blowdryer to heat up the product is a cool shortcut

wsc

New in Town
Murray's is akin to candle wax compared to brylcream.
I always found damp hair, not soaking wet and little pomade works best. Is it just me or have they completely stopped selling Tres Flores around here I can't find it at the usual places?

FedoraFan112390

Practically Family
A few questions about Brylcreem:

1) Can it cause hairloss?

2) Am I applying it properly? I usually apply it after I shower, during which I use V05 shampoo and conditioner. While wet, I apply the Brylcreem with fingers nd slick the hair back with my comb.

3) A non-Brylcreem question, but is V05 actually any good?

I just want to keep my hair and keep it healthy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ