Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Possible Bogart fedora

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Check out this pic and then look at this on ebay, with a little crown reshaping it could be real close. It would be good for someone who wanted a Bogie look alike, plus it's a larger size.

Spade4.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/Borsalino-mens-...18154152QQcategoryZ105399QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

regards fedoralover

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just a word of caution

I have long since stopped buying Ebay hats..why go over 60?

The photo has some issues. There is a "spot"...ask if there is any MOTH DAMAGE of any kind. Does the hat have any serious stains?
What is the conditon of the sweatband?

Remember, a cleaning, liner, and new ribbon can breathe new life into any hat. If the felt is good...go for it!

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
The hat does look a bit scruffy so if you want a perfect new old stock fedora this probably wouldn't work for you. But sometimes a bit of scruffyness adds to the character of a hat. Look at the pics of Bogarts fedora in the Golden Era site MK put together. If you saw that hat not sitting on Bogie's head it would look very scruffy, but of course because it IS on His head we all think it looks cool, which it is. Indy fans love the worn in look and some try to get their gear to look old and worn. This hat may save you the trouble.

But you are right Andy, caution and a lot of questions to the seller will save you a lot of dissappointment later.

regards fedoralover

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Sellers answers

Questions from other members : Borsalino mens dressss hat - Italy Item number: 8218154152

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Hello, Does the hat have any moth bites or spots on the felt? Thanks
Sep-10-05
A: There is a small nick on the top left side of the brim. I can attempt a photo if you wish!

Q: I am very interested in your Borsalino. Can you please e-mail me some photos of the inside? Are there any stains or moth holes? Thank you. mk@fedoralounge.com
Sep-10-05
A: Yes, I will send additional photo's! There are no stains on the hat. There are no holes in the hat. There is a nick on the top of the left side brim. I can attempt to photo this and send Sunday evening if you wish!

Q: Hi. Would you mind measuring the inside circumference of this hat? Some 7-3/8 fit me and others do not. Also, what color is the hat, I don't think my monitor is showing it properly. Thanks
Sep-10-05
A: The inside measures appox 22 1/2 inches. I say brownish my wife says grey. It is somewhere in between.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy