Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Josh, Thanks! I am not sure if I have seen the G. & Fllo Borsalino distinction before. It might be in response to G.B.Borsalino Fu Lazzaro & C..

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Josh, Thanks! I am not sure if I have seen the G. & Flio Borsalino distinction before. It might be in response to G.B.Borsalino Fu Lazzaro & C..

That's a great possibility. I never thought of that. I wonder why more of the G.B.Borsalino Fu Lazzaro & Co labels have been found and not the G. & Flio Borsalino. If both brothers had companies at the same times, I would have to imagine that they both sold a comparable number of hats.

Josh, It was just a guess on my part. I don't believe G.B. Borsalino Fu Lazzaro approached G. & Fllo Borsalino in sales.

Robert, Thank you! I will have to edit my posts!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Apparently Giuseppe et Fratello peaked at about 2,000,000 and G.B. Borsalino fu Lazzaro at about 800,000.
To clarify, Giuseppe and Lazzaro were brothers, Gian Battista(G.B.) was Lazzaro's son, 1st cousin to Teresio Borsalino, Giuseppe's son and successor.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Teaser pic of my new VS:
20130111_150355.jpg

More pics to come in the Fawcett thread as soon as I resize them (pardon the lint, did not have my hatbrush with me at work!)

Thunderball

One of the Regulars
Just received tonight. Biltmore Open Road on sale from Hats Plus. The website says Chicago, but this hat came from CO? Anyhow I love the feel of the hat. It is lightweight, soft, and pliable.

However, if it is 7-5/8 then I am the last king of Scottland! My 62cm Akubra fits fine and maybe loose. This 61cm is headache tight after 10 seconds!

IMG_2344_zps9f65c482.jpg

IMG_2345_zps7bf243fd.jpg

IMG_2346_zpse6f8b9d1.jpg

IMG_2347_zpsdacaf76f.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Just received tonight. Biltmore Open Road on sale from Hats Plus. The website says Chicago, but this hat came from CO? Anyhow I love the feel of the hat. It is lightweight, soft, and pliable.

However, if it is 7-5/8 then I am the last king of Scottland! My 62cm Akubra fits fine and maybe loose. This 61cm is headache tight after 10 seconds!

IMG_2344_zps9f65c482.jpg

IMG_2345_zps7bf243fd.jpg

IMG_2346_zpse6f8b9d1.jpg

IMG_2347_zpsdacaf76f.jpg
That is a fantastic looking Open Road, if a bit tight, do you think you can get away with a slight "tug" from use of a hat jack on it? You know, spray some distilled water on the leather sweatband, a quick once over around the outside of the hat right on the ribbon area with some steam and then insert the hat jack, snug it only a bit, steam it again with the hat jack still in and then leave it alone for about 10 minutes, pull the jack out and put it on. if that helped it, then wear it for a while to help keep it "your size" and you can always put the hat jack in the hat for a few days when you are not wearing it to just help keep it sized right.

Thunderball

One of the Regulars
I love the hat. I am due to make a trip up to see Mike Moore in a few weeks. I will see if he can steam and stretch it. I sure hope so. I had a hat once that I hat-jacked and it ended up looking like a stepped pyramid.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
French Kepi C. WW1 Maroc

The Post Office gave me a hard bump on the Kepi, but the box suffered all the damage.
DSCF1312.JPG
%2524T2eC16JHJGYE9nooiMQmBQ1%2529%252B21%252C%252Bg%257E%257E60_12.JPG

Last edited:

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Open Road!

Just received an OR from bond. The brim is trimmed and the ribbon is vintage but not original:

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This hat is GORGEOUS. It's a real light tan, and the felt is just amazing. bond, you really outdid yourself on this one!

Cheers,
Aaron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot