Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice vita felt. They seem to be popping up lately. Alan, can you direct to a thread about them please?
Are they strictly a Stetson phenom?
Thanks

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Stetson soft felt.

P1050755.JPG
P1050764.JPG

VERY cool! I would have loved to see the sweatband as well! I can see that the crown height on the re-order tag reads 4 3/4, but I can't make out the block number. Is it legible on your end?

rlk

I'll Lock Up
VERY cool! I would have loved to see the sweatband as well! I can see that the crown height on the re-order tag reads 4 3/4, but I can't make out the block number. Is it legible on your end?
Thanks Josh. It appears to be Block 828, you'll have to ask Whitaker to be sure.

A distant cousin of Vinyon?

plasticfelt1.jpg

plasticfelt2.jpg

plasticfelt3.jpg

plasticfelt4.jpg

Very odd collection of elements - price tag I've never seen, what appears to be a vinyl sweatband, but with a very leather like nap in the back... I'm not sure. Will post more pictures after I have given it a bit more shape. Vinyon related to PVC - first manufactured in 1939.

That would be nice... It's polyvinyl chloride.

Also no Stetson manufacturing labels in the hat. Wondering if this was manufactured by Stetson or under license?

scooter

Practically Family
Wow, Robert, that Beaver Twenty is really nice. Interesting aside, on one of your previous posts, I read "CREAM of Canada", not Crean. Funny how one letter makes such a difference!

Very interesting info on the Vita-felt, thanks for the info, Alan. And, speaking of nutria, I had a terrific Nutria Borsalino Homburg, that I traded to Bond. I didn't like the homburg look, and was too inexperienced to realize I could favorably alter the appearance of the hat, with just a little effort. I'm still angry with myself for letting that hat get away.

scooter

Practically Family
That derby is quite the gift, Ale, someone has good taste. I could never wear it, but I'll bet it looks spectacular on you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points