Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
006ay.jpg

The triangle crease has all the perks of a diamond, while maintaining the high boxy profile of a 30s hat. I'm guessing this is from the 50s?

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

VERY cool, Jeff!! I love it! Its most definitely 50's, probably early - mid 50's. 2 1/4 inches is my favorite brim width and matched with that boxy looking crown crease makes a great 30's styled hat. It would be like a mid height crown height during the 30's, but then again not every crown during the early 30's was tall.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
My colleague, also History Faculty, won this beautiful blue 1953 Dobbs Rainbow for me at auction last weekend. I have now filled a hole in my Dobbs Collection, but it's too bad it's a 7 1/8, two sizes too small for me to wear.

More to come in the Dobbs Diner.

1953DobbsRainbow-2_zpsda60b205.jpg

1953DobbsRainbow-3_zps6b98d511.jpg

Brad

scooter

Practically Family
Brad, contact Mike at Northwest hats. He does great wirk at great prices, and could probably have that hat fitting you in no time. too pretty to just leave sitting. unlessvof course, that would violate your principles.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Wow Brad! Very nice Dobbs there! Just curious, what places it in '53?
A few things. OPS label places it '51-'53, but the '51 and '52 Rainbows don't have the same details as the '53, details that this one has. I was going to post more photos, but Photobucket has uploaded my photos sideways or upside down and it won't let me rotate them.
Brad, contact Mike at Northwest hats. He does great wirk at great prices, and could probably have that hat fitting you in no time. too pretty to just leave sitting. unlessvof course, that would violate your principles.
Thanks, but it will stay as is, part of my research collection. I've got the shop setup here to do it, but it would damage the historical integrity.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I've never had a problem with Photobucket until today. Looks like their beta is still too buggy. Four different browsers couldn't solve it.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Brown hairy Selentino (probably of Tonak Manufacture). Oddly marked as a size 60 while fitting exactly like another hairy Selentino that's a size 7 5/8.
IMG_3426.JPG

IMG_3438.JPG

IMG_3439.JPG

IMG_3441.JPG

IMG_3442.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Got my chocolate brown fedora! Dobbs 10. Won it on ebay! Dark chocolate brown (can't tell in the photo) with a darker ribbon. Blocked at 5 1/2" OC, 2" ribbon, 2 3/8" brim, and a sweet overwelt. It's marked 7 1/4, but unfortunately, it fits like a 7 3/8. Much too big, which is strange for vintage Dobbs. I have a few already, and they fit like a glove...

9E8B4439.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana