Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
This appears to be a dead stock Panizza. The factory closed in Ghiffa, Italy (now a hat museum) in the late 70s. Is the liner stitched or glued?

It is stitched, does it make a difference? I knew this wasn't a new hat! Thank you for the info.

It just shows attention to detail. Panizza made great hats (they produced their own felt) right up to the close of the factory. My guess is yours is from the 1970s. This is a very high quality hat!

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks great Charlie! Sorry to hear you had to lose the waffle vents, those were one of the cooler features of that hat.

This isn't a new hat to me but I think it's the first time I've taken photos of it.
Worth & Worth Newsboy (excuse the scowl, the sun was in my face while taking the photos)
IMG_5428.JPG

IMG_5430.JPG

IMG_5431.JPG

IMG_5440.JPG

IMG_5437.JPG

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JBucklin - looks good.
Broccoli - I love that Panizza - I keep looking at RMR and being tempted by their stock.
HatsRme - Thats a great job on the re-build. Looks great.
Case - very nice newsboy

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good afternoon. USPS delivered a new Adam Fifth Ave hat to my desk this afternoon. (Yes I am reviewing workout planners. Life as a coach is not all about choosing what SWAG from Adiddias/GK to wear today.) The color felt is that of a chocolate milk shake. Hmmmm.... Check out some quick pics below:

IMG_5271-M.jpg

IMG_5273-M.jpg

IMG_5272-M.jpg

What model is it? I checked the Adam Alley thread for a matching thin ribbon and I did not see a match. While I skimmed very quick I did not see one with the a similar ribbon. The front of the ribbon lays on top of the back. It is a ribbon style that I see as unique and it therefore catches my eye. No tags inside. The hat is intact and sharp. I will need to clean, condition the leather, brush like a mad hatter and steam it hard. It has the potential to be a regular wearing hat for me. Any suggestions as to model?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and for those taking a look, Eric -

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Photo%20May%2016%2C%205%2021%2054%20PM.jpg

Photo%20May%2016%2C%205%2017%2035%20PM.jpg

New 8 panel cap from Johnny ( Cordova Caps)
vintage fabric from Bert.
This one has just the right amount of fabric for the proper drape of the cap. Thanks Johnny and Bert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Eric, Super! It kind of reminds me of my Adam Mainliner. It's too bad the paper label is missing. You might want to send Billy Spew a PM if he doesn't post.

Ed, Fantastic Cordova cap! Really like the fabric!

jbucklin

Practically Family
jbucklin, the Biltmore does look good. I'll second the question: What was the name of the hat shop? My brother lives very near there and maybe this will help introduce him to the world of fine headgear!

It's called The Hat Box. Mostly women's hats but a few mens' straws. The woman who owns the shop is very cool---a milliner from the Big Apple. Used to make and sell hats in the Hamptons. Tell your friend it's on Pacific Coast Hwy close to Legion.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Viennese Velours from Canada

P1060728.JPG
P1060727.JPG

P1060731.JPG
P1060732.JPG
P1060730.JPG

Same size, one used the other much less. Nice felt but poor ribbons. Don't know why Picasa is doing ugly sharpening. 2nd hat is a neutral Gray.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran