Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
not too hip on blue, earth tones myself but it has a nice shape and a sweet candidate for a flip up , looks like at least a 2 5/8 brim definitely needs a feather and some piks

Last edited:
That dark blue Is sa-WEET, OfCourseMH!! A perfect lid all around.

Aaron, it bears repeating...BIG congratulations on this one. It's a big responsibility. A hat for special occasions, to be sure. TFL version of a shtreimel, perhaps?!

Last edited:

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
This is my 1940's 7 1/4 Stetson Premier Vita-Felt. I got it not too long ago.

It has a three-stitch overwelt 2 5/8" brim and high crown close to 6", open. Nearly pristine liner and sweatband.

Very thick and supple felt. Color is similar to a light roast coffee bean. The ribbon has a slightly bronzish hue and in certain light, reflects an almost burgundy quality.

Only downside is a few moth nibbles. None are visible without close inspection.

It is almost identical to the brown hat in the "Launch" ad below. I get a kick out of that.

I'm relatively new to collecting vintage hats, but it is definitely one of my favorites.

ju7y5uza.jpg
9egama4e.jpg
u5apu3yn.jpg
eruje5an.jpg
veqe7aha.jpg
bydetyja.jpg
byvydema.jpg
e8ehe9ut.jpg

Matt

Last edited:

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Aaron, it bears repeating...BIG congratulations on this one. It's a big responsibility. A hat for special occasions, to be sure. TFL version of a shtreimel, perhaps?!
:rofl: Right, only a little less obvious. Every time I put it on, I grin. I love this hat!

A

Purplesage

One Too Many
Royal Stetson Deluxe Flagship

Picked this Flagship up for a very reasonable price. It's in great shape just a bit of soiling on the liner. I would guess this model is from the early 40s. It has a 2 1/2" brim with an underwelt edge and a 5 3/4" open crown which is wrapped in a 7/8" grosgrain ribbon. Embroidered crown tip and unreeded sweatband. I guess Flagships came with different ribbon options.

photo5-88_zps737bfbdb.jpg

photo2-83_zpsf621fd9a.jpg

photo5-84_zps13485569.jpg

photo3-130_zps29e20161.jpg

photo1-163_zps163e1c57.jpg

photo4-93_zps548dc6de.jpg

photo1-186_zps96fe1409.jpg

photo3-21_zps3bd0bc4e.jpg

photo4-149_zps66afeebe.jpg

photo-5_zpsbef0a09e.jpg

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I am hesitant to post my new ribbon on the Borso because I know it is not everyone's cup of tea but I was playing around with some darker red ribbon and thought this would look pretty cool, but I am very proud of the hard work I put into it so here it is.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Yep, blackmask it is a little lighter than I thought it would be but I think it looks pretty cool. I was able to salvage the vintage ribbon and clean/dye it to it's original glory so this ribbon may not last.

Purplesage

One Too Many
The hat does have a lavender hue or something similar. I had a very difficult time photographing it because depending on the light it almost looked pink or purple. Of course I'm using my IPhone. The photos I took are pretty accurate as far as the color.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some great new arrivals over the past week. A box arrived for me from RMR in Italy just over a week ago but with working silly hours I've only just had a chance to unpack. Sadly the Panizza I'd set my heart on was mis-sized, but I'm pleased with the three that turned up.

First out of the box, a green (yes the lighting is pretty awful, but it's a greyish olive in real life) Panizza President - I'm guessing late 60's/early 70's manufacture:

1 7/8" brim, but a taller straighter crown than modern stingies.

SUPERB, Richard! Out of sight for a few days, and now THIS... WOW! Worth the wait, my friend. VERY wearable.

Steve, is there no end to your findings?!! I hope NOT. Just plain TREMENDOUS, sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk