Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roan

One of the Regulars
I just got this one of Ebay earlier this week; the felt is very supple and soft. The only issues with it are that the ribbon is a bit wrinkled in a couple of places and about a three inch section of the sweatband is coming unstitched. Other than that it's a great hat and fits like a glove; probably the best fitting hat I now own. :D
Anyone have any thoughts as to the age of it? I was thinking '30s or '40s. Could be wrong though...

DSCN0328.jpg

DSCN0329.jpg

DSCN0331.jpg

EDIT: How do I remove attachments if I add one accidentally?

Attachments

• DSCN0329.jpg
    DSCN0329.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 93

Roan

One of the Regulars
Terrific find Roan. Is that the original brim flanging? Love it. I'd guess your right in the ballpark with age too.

Yep, everything about it is original as far as I know. It does have a very different shape to the brim from all my other hats; I quite like it.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Roan, your hat is 30's. Probably leaning towards earlier in the decade verses later. The un-reeded sweatband and very tight stitched rear seam says 30's. Stylistically it also says 30's with the bow design and crown/brim dimensions.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I picked up my first hommie last week. It's an Adam Executive Quality I am guessing from the 60's. The felt and ribbon is in perfect condition. The liner is a little dirty. Sweat is intact and still soft.

Nice pickups Alan and Great White.

+1! Alan I love the longhairs and that bow work.

Roan, what can I say? Beautiful find. I want something from the 30's with that felt finish (called heather?) and proportions.

EliasRDA- nice Stratoliner!

Last edited:
Sweet Hommie, Rog! Looks blue-ish on my screen. Is that correct? Just beautiful, no matter.

Elias the Strat's a perfect hat for you, IMHO. The boys at Delmonico will always steer you right! Enjoy modulating with the hams.

ROAN the National makes me feel warm and fuzzy just looking at it. A stunner!

Here's cool "project" hat I received gratis from another Lounger! Anyone ever seen a "Duelist" in a Paja and Milan combination?! Guesstimate about 1960?

What are your plans for this one.

Plans? I have a hard time looking ahead twenty minutes, JOB.;)
First a little TLC to determine if the ribbon has any hope of salvage. Then smooth out a couple of creases that shouldn't be there. Long term plans beyond the actual project are vague, but certainly open to suggestions. The fit for me has yet to be determined.

Richard, thank you! The brim is definitely in OUR comfort zone.

Rogera

Richard, Charlie thanks guys.
Charlie it is black. It's my first black hat and I found out that I really like black hats. I had to use the band block Art made me to stretch it a bit but it fits nicely now.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Very kool Charlie, being a Knox it's existence shouldn't be much of a surprise. I've seen some modern straw combos in my OCD surfing past but nothing of that quality. Have fun with it!

Orangegrad

Practically Family
I had to bring this home to Cleveland

Though this Borso is a 7 1/4 and I'm a 7, I had to bring this one back home to Cleveland. The sweat has some issues, and it's probably going to fall apart with use. But I can understand why vintage Borsos are in high demand - the felt is amazingly soft and supple. I gave it a light brushing and a bit of steam, and it decided this was the crease it wanted, which I imagine is where it will remain unless I have it re-blocked.

If anyone can tell me anything about this one, I'd appreciate it.

IMG_0645.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0640.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0642.jpg

Garrett

Mysterious long hair with no identifying marks or labels. Could be early. References I found to the store are teens to 1930s - the motto "City of Knowledge and Homes" was adopted by the Ann Arbor Civic Assoc. in 1913. Very soft felt with a deeply scooped brim flange. 6" open crown, 2 3/8" brim, 2 1/4" ribbon. No size marked, it fits 6 7/8 - 7.

manns1.jpg

Beautiful, Alan :eusa_clap If its too small, give me a shout and I'll see what's in my trading bin ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21