Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Beautiful, Alan :eusa_clap If its too small, give me a shout and I'll see what's in my trading bin ;)

Thanks Garrett... it's working OK, but I'll keep that trading bin in mind. I bet it holds some marvels.

112313_2.jpg

cheers,
Alan

g.durand

One Too Many
An Etsy find for $35, a nice, densely felted navy blue/burgundy number. The unreeded sweatband pulled loose from the rotting threads as soon as I put some steam to the brim, so it's going to need a new one. I tacked it into place just to hold it. I wasn't sure of the manufacturer until I got it and could inspect it more closely. The only give-away is the Champ crest on the liner.

IMG_3441_zps43be18bd.jpg

IMG_3437_zps8ef18db0.jpg

IMG_3430_zpsd971d312.jpg

IMG_3420_zpsd861439d.jpg

IMG_3419_zps584a99b8.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
An Etsy find for $35, a nice, densely felted navy blue/burgundy number. The unreeded sweatband pulled loose from the rotting threads as soon as I put some steam to the brim, so it's going to need a new one. I tacked it into place just to hold it. I wasn't sure of the manufacturer until I got it and could inspect it more closely. The only give-away is the Champ crest on the liner.

IMG_3441_zps43be18bd.jpg

IMG_3437_zps8ef18db0.jpg

IMG_3430_zpsd971d312.jpg

IMG_3420_zpsd861439d.jpg

IMG_3419_zps584a99b8.jpg

That's a real beauty you have there, and a great price!

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

g.durand

One Too Many
Thanks, JG. It had just been posted when I saw it, so I snagged it. Now if I could only log into Ebay just as someone posts a pristine Knox 100 for $35 (like the one Alan just sold to Aaron). But this Champ-in-disguise isn't too bad.

g.durand

One Too Many
Excellent find. Congrats. It looks very similar to a Champ I have. Interesting that Champ isn't mentioned anywhere with their coat of arms on the liner. I wonder if the hat or liner was a subcontracted piece?

My first guess is that Champ made the liners and sweatbands as an exclusive for the Hersey Hat Co., which was probably a local retailer. A Google search of the company didn't turn up much of anything.

Good looking hat G.D. That color combo has character and then some. Love it with the brim up. Congrats. btw - your new strat clone is the bomb!!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Landman

One Too Many
Very unusual liner on your Stetson, Historyteach. The "Last Drop" part of the liner looks like 1960's. It almost looks like somebody took a "Last Drop" liner and sewed a new side to it. Do you have any photos of the sweatband?

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Sweet Hommie, Rog! Looks blue-ish on my screen. Is that correct? Just beautiful, no matter.

Elias the Strat's a perfect hat for you, IMHO. The boys at Delmonico will always steer you right! Enjoy modulating with the hams.

ROAN the National makes me feel warm and fuzzy just looking at it. A stunner!

Here's cool "project" hat I received gratis from another Lounger! Anyone ever seen a "Duelist" in a Paja and Milan combination?! Guesstimate about 1960?

I have a Delmonico two straw one that I had Optimo change the band. The Milan needs stiffening. Any suggestions?

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Tumwater Bone "Times Square"

This fedora arrived in the morning mail. Originally designed for another customer, I was fortunate to end up owning it. Though it doesn't have a name that I know of, I think the Times Square may be an appropriate moniker, as I could imagine wearing this on New Year's Eve, or for any other fancy function. I believe it may join me on my trip for Thanksgiving.

The felt is bone. The ribbon is vintage. The hat is sublime.

IMG_0659.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

Last edited:
I have a Delmonico two straw one that I had Optimo change the band. The Milan needs stiffening. Any suggestions?

One of our favorite hatters has suggested hair spray for this purpose. I haven't got to that point yet, but I'm sure it should be the unscented, "extra hold" variety. I'm a "White Rain" man, myself...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points