Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
ebay's shipping Global Slow Program ruined the objective of this hat because it is... slow. It should had arrived on time. Maybe it will see some use in about 11 or 12 month or earlier if I decide to mess with my friends heads. :) They all know me as Johnny Red or Cowboy Red (nicknames I use on the internet) and my Portuguese surname translates in english as... Red. So here it is, a stingy... Red... cowboy hat :)

I don't know why people use small boxes (at least on one dimension) to ship wide brim hats. It was well packed to avoid being crushed but...

eddy01.jpg

eddy02.jpg

eddy03.jpg

eddy04.jpg

eddy05.jpg

eddy06.jpg

eddy07.jpg

eddy08.jpg

The sweatband says XX fur blend. By the touch is almost looks like the "staples" Resistol XX premium wool I have but softer.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
As promised in another thread here's some pictures of my latest Imperial, "Suede Finish", Stetson purchase. The felt on this hat is unbelievably soft. The color is a beautiful medium gray with a purplish cast and has a matching fur felt hat band that is whip stitched around the bottom edge. The inside of the hat is remarkably clean and looks to have had very little wear time if any at all. The 2' caramel colored sweat band is very soft and supple. The gold print embossment on the sweat is not worn and looks fresh as if new. There is no plastic protector or oilskin over the logo on the liner, and the shield on the logo has a grouping of stars in the upper left corner. By the looks of the liner and the sweat I'm guessing late 1940s(?)...Anyway here's the hat pics, something of a "Gay Prince" clone....

in1g.jpg

Imperial 003.jpg

Imperial 002.jpg

Imperial 001.jpg

Imperial 01.jpg

Imperial 05.jpg

Imperial 06.jpg

Imperial 04.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members