Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
This was a gift from my wife.She really didn't know what a great hat she was buying me.She said she liked the silver box the hat is in.Also that the hat looked pretty nice for under $50.I love her,and I love the felt of this hat.Stetson 7X Clear Beaver. p://s598.photobucket.com/user/gokutdog/media/2013-2014124_zps24278b40.jpg.html]
2013-2014124_zps24278b40.jpg
[/URL]

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
This was a gift from my wife.She really didn't know what a great hat she was buying me.She said she liked the silver box the hat is in.Also that the hat looked pretty nice for under $50.I love her,and I love the felt of this hat.Stetson 7X Clear Beaver. p://s598.photobucket.com/user/gokutdog/media/2013-2014124_zps24278b40.jpg.html]
2013-2014124_zps24278b40.jpg
[/URL]
Dang! That's nice! I'm going to send mine back to wife school!

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DMan great score! I had one like that and to soften it up I washed it in a tub of water and then dried it out on a block and it turned out very nice. Of course iam not suggesting you do that also, but the felt on that one is really nice beaver quality to be sure. Enjoy it and congrats to your wife for finding it!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
This 7XCB have almost a 4" brim. Not 4" and not 3 3/4". Something like 3 7/8". There are no stickers inside. This makes me think this hat has gone through some kind of renovation. I had to take a picture of it with daylight. It ended too bright! I hope not to blind anyone :) I like the feel of touching this felt.
Stetson experts may tell me more about it?
7xcb01.jpg

7xcb02.jpg

7xcb03.jpg

7xcb04.jpg

7xcb05.jpg

7xcb06.jpg

7xcb07.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
Joao, very nice looking hat. It has definitely been through a renovation. The "RENSH" marking on the back of the sweatband indicates a renovation by Shudde Brothers. They were well known for doing very good renovation work. It is hard to say exactly what the hat was before being renovated though. They could have just used a 7x Clear Beaver sweatband for the renovation. For what it is worth, the size tag, sweatband and liner appear to be a 1960's 7x Clear Beaver. Looks like a great hat. Congratulations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot