Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My wonderful wife has done it again! She found me a nice 7 1/8 lo Stetson today at an estate sale. It is more than likely late 60's or later looking at the size tag and glued in liner. The felt is still very soft with no damage. The hat looks to have been very rarely worn. It has a nice 2.5" brim and 5.5 inch open crown.

She also found these Florsheims for me too!

Grand total of $12.00!

Rogera

Thanks Ole! I feel like she was shopping in the 30's at those prices. She came home with a couple of nice coats with fur collars for pretty much nothing so we both came out well today.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
BMan: Thank you. Well, as long as you can keep the obo from hitting the floor when sitting, you shouldn't worry about height :D

HA! Think I have that one covered, barely... lol

Richards fab finds: you snuck in-- sorry I missed that post earlier. Very nice!

Rogera, these are fantastic finds, and your wife must have been one as well! Beautiful Royal Stetson and Florsheims!

Josh, you are spot on about the density issue, and the uneven or improperly infused shellac makes complete sense. It just doesn't compare to vintage, and I must admit that I've been pretty spoiled over the past several years by Parker, Art, Tony, and Mike Moore. I think both Winchester and FEPSA are represented in there. Still it certainly doesn't lack in style. The crown is nice and high, and I put a shallow diamond (no telescoping) in it. The brim probably looks a little wider because the hat is slightly big? Either way I'm enjoying what I imagine to be a very Tin Pan Alley kind of throwback from it.

Here are some better and slightly more detailed pics of the new BB. Outdoor color seems most accurate.

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, that Powell is stunningly beautiful

Richard, very nice lids! Please keep them coming

Rogera , now that is a score!

1920s Stetson Clear Nutria

This hat is extremely light weight (like is said ob the sweatband). From what I can see on the Stetson socket behind the sweat, the hat was a 7 1/8, but had a 7 1/4 sticker placed on the sweat at some point. Interesting. Please mind the non-smiling tired me in the photos. Hard work is hard work, and receiving this hat made a long day into a great day!

y3ase9yv.jpg
e3ypydur.jpg
a9adaqun.jpg
udevy6e9.jpg
a9u9atub.jpg
dese4upy.jpg
3a6ara3e.jpg
e7evedys.jpg
6yze9e6y.jpg

Last edited:
Life has my attention somewhat diluted lately. I need to stop in this thread more frequently, but it makes me envious! FANTASTIC finds, friends.

Dogman and Rog. have bragging rights for their bird-dogging wives. Again, to quote Eric, (ShortBaldingGuy) my wife maintains her complacency.

Congrats, boys (and gals, as the case may be).

Garrett

Justin, I'm glad you were able to snag that one! Was hoping it would go to a lounger. So, out of all your early longhairs is this your fav?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot