Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
GS, those are some fantastic hats. :eusa_clap

Can you please post some more pics of the inside of the Sport-Lite? I'd love to see the liner, and I can't make out what it says under the crest (beyond the company name).

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
Sure thing. The text under the logo has an address: "1224 Chestnut Street." Most likely the address of the hat shop, although there is no shop name stamped into the sweatband. Here is the liner:

It is an earlier one.

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
carouselvic said:
GoneSolo your hat was sold at the Stetson factory store.

That makes sense :eusa_doh:

Under the sweatband:
One stamp reads
L 194LW
LOT 7210

Price tag:
Sport Lite
U-10
EO
$6.00

The only other stamp present contains the duplicate number: E578658

New Akubra Kiandra...

Got it from a Lounger in Classified & fits perfect... gtd
kiandra3.jpg

kiandra2.jpg

vjramire

New in Town
Stetson 'The Playboy II' Hat

Finally had a chance to wear this and took some photos.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9169962@N08/sets/72157612150723227/
Its an old Stetson The Playboy II hat. It was in mint condition and picked it up cheap! The body is long hair beaver fur and seems to be a homburg style. The wavy leather sweatband is because the hat was a little big so i stuffed a thin strip of felt all the way around underneath the sweatband. So I've concluded that after 4 vintage hats at 6 7/8, its too big. I'm a 6 3/4. Anyone have any they are getting rid of?
Vince

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice Lid....

vjramire said:
Finally had a chance to wear this and took some photos.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9169962@N08/sets/72157612150723227/
Its an old Stetson The Playboy II hat. It was in mint condition and picked it up cheap! The body is long hair beaver fur and seems to be a homburg style. The wavy leather sweatband is because the hat was a little big so i stuffed a thin strip of felt all the way around underneath the sweatband. So I've concluded that after 4 vintage hats at 6 7/8, its too big. I'm a 6 3/4. Anyone have any they are getting rid of?
Vince
W :eek: W.....and I thought I had a small head......:eusa_doh: :D

trailrunner

Familiar Face
Got my new Fed IV Deluxe last week. Here are a few pics, the color isn't great, but it is the dark brown:

Pinch.jpg

diamond.jpg

frontwear.jpg

sidewear.jpg

My first attempt at a diamond bash. I'm pretty happy with it, and it will get better as I work with it.

I am thinking about trying out a C bash though. It could just be me not being used to the look, but the hat seems a bit tall for my face, so I am thinking that the C bash might take the crown down enough to look right one me.

rrog

A-List Customer
HarpPlayerGene said:
Gee, I dunno, Trailrunner. In the first photo it looks pretty tall, but in the shots with you wearing it, it looks great. I particularly like the profile.

I'm with HPG on this one Trailrunner. It looks good on you. And the color fits you too, especially your beard.

rrog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael