Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Here is a hat that my father-in-law was using as a snowman hat (I almost cried and I think I even yelled at him when I saw it lol) It has some moth damage, but I have cleaned it and repaired some band issues. The thing I really love about it is that it comes from the local hatter that was here in the 40's. It is a Dobbs twenty with a beauty color combination

Too funny, Teach! Good rescue my friend. I nearly drove off the road last year around Halloween when I found a nice vintage felt on a front yard scarecrow.

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
Just bought this to use as a beater if it fits if not just as a display piece

It is a Patey Top Hat made in the UK

hd_100276536_01.jpg

Not too bad for under £10 shipped

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
How do you like the fit and feel of the Sombrero, Joao? It looks like a nice hat.

The finish is different from Stetson (at leasts the Stetsons I have), seems to have a little more long hair, I can't compare it to campdrafts or snow rivers because I don't have any.
I like the feel of it. The fit... as I wear something between 7 1/4 (58) and 7 3/8 (59), this sombrero (59) is a bit loose. I had to pad it for perfect fit.
I would be wearing it today but I missed my black hats :)

hatguy1

One Too Many
Here is a hat that my father-in-law was using as a snowman hat (I almost cried and I think I even yelled at him when I saw it lol) It has some moth damage, but I have cleaned it and repaired some band issues. The thing I really love about it is that it comes from the local hatter that was here in the 40's. It is a Dobbs twenty with a beauty color combination

OMG! Great save, man. Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn