Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purplesage

One Too Many
Imperial Stetson

2 3/4" brim with 6/8" grosgrain bound edge with 5 3/4" open crown with 1 1/2 grosgrain ribbon and wind trolley. I guess you could come up with a fairly narrow window for a production date since this type of wide binding was only used for a few years in the 40s I believe.

photo2-196_zps83dd5432.jpg

photo3-189_zps96a996f0.jpg

photo4-189_zpsdd45759c.jpg

photo5-202_zps24982c64.jpg
[/IMG]
photo4-191_zps32e27d1c.jpg

photo3-190_zps48ae90ee.jpg

photo1-225_zps04deb0c7.jpg

photo4-192_zpsff9da720.jpg

photo1-224_zpsf099ffc0.jpg

photo2-198_zps10f6475b.jpg

Last edited:

vintage68

Practically Family
So guess what came in the mail today?

And after opening the box I found this:

And here is your humble scribe with his brand spankin' new Penman LC hat:

My grandfather used to say he was "really tickled" whenever something pleased him. I never understood what that meant until today, when I received this hat. I'm walking around with the hat on my head, running errands after I opened the box, and the whole time I feel like I have a butterflies in my chest and I just want to giggle. I'm finally in on the secret that only Penman hat owners know. The fit, the quality, the attention to detail is just amazing, better than any other hat I own.

Thanks John, you have a new evangelical to sing your praises!

Justdog

Practically Family
Bailey Poly 2 inch brim from Bencraft. I know this is not a Monti Cristo, :) But the utility of these hats is amazing. Light flexible indestructible. and stylish. Best thing is the cost. Bencraft was incredible to deal with . The box the hat comes in has a hat form and is completely functional.

Very happy with this little hat. 81660-Mens-Hats-IvoryBlack.jpg 81660-Mens-Hats-IvoryBlack.jpg 81660-Mens-Hats-IvoryBlack.jpg

My grandfather used to say he was "really tickled" whenever something pleased him. I never understood what that meant until today, when I received this hat. I'm walking around with the hat on my head, running errands after I opened the box, and the whole time I feel like I have a butterflies in my chest and I just want to giggle. I'm finally in on the secret that only Penman hat owners know. The fit, the quality, the attention to detail is just amazing, better than any other hat I own.

Thanks John, you have a new evangelical to sing your praises!

Great looking Penman, my friend! Fits you perfectly!

mmccabe

New in Town
It was Black Rose in Allentown. Multi dealer place in the back of a mall.
The one I got locally was sized down to fit me and I use it as an everyday.
The Borsalino needs to be stretched a bit. It fits like a 7 3/8 inch and I'd like to keep it.
The Dobbs is too small but I got it thinking of turning it around on e-bay or something.

Last edited:

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Great hats all! Here is my new Campdraft that I have spent the weekend creasing. Great hat. I got the Heritage grade version and the felt is thicker than I was expecting but still a quality hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn