Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Zombie! I really like the CD a lot. The wider brim and tall crown help elongate my round face! The crease is still a work in progress as I am a little OCD.

Miamibruno

One Too Many
mmcabe - nice finds. Finding a place that has hats like that is a godsend. It seems every time I find one, they run out of hats.
rclark - tough to see the color on that Campdraft - She's a beauty nonetheless.

Just opened the box on this one. A perfect (I think 40s but no later than 50's) Borsalino. The new jewel in my collection.

IMG_5818.JPG

IMG_5830.JPG

IMG_5832.JPG

IMG_5812.JPG

IMG_5807.JPG

IMG_5809.JPG

IMG_5807.JPG

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Bruno, hatsdirect.com calls the color silverbelly but it seems more tan than my Stetson OR SB. I like the color its just not quite what I was expecting. Nice Borsalino!

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Thanks, Charlie. You've got to feel this one. It is unbelievable. It out Borsalinoed my other Borsalinos.

Thank you, too, rclark. Silverbelly is a funny color. Some go toward silver, some toward beige/tan. I think the beige/tan is the actual color.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks like the one recently sold by my friends in Portland (AmericanVintage) Nes Pas? Not a fedora but rather a western (meant to be worn open crown akin to boss of the plains).

...The crease is still a work in progress as I am a little OCD.
Aren't they always a work in progress? A little tweak here, a little tweak there...

I'm normally OCD when it comes to symmetry--the side dents should be the same length and depth, the curves of the teardrop should mirror each other side-to-side when viewed from the top, etc.--but I've somehow managed to have a "perfection is unattainable" mindset where my hats are concerned, and I sincerely believe the minor imperfections give my hats character. :D

rclark

Call Me a Cab
That's good to hear, Zombie! I will try to be a bit more like and see it as "character" rather than a flaw. Symmetry is my goal but is quite allusive. Especially when it comes to hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo