Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gear-guy

Practically Family
Ofcourse, great derby, my favorite hat of all time. Can't find a vintage one in my size yet so my search continues. WOW
Miami, great find and price. It really does look great.

unmarked Dobbs straw - perhaps baku?

More photos in the Parabuntal Straw Hats thread

dobbsbaku1.jpg

dobbsbaku6.jpg

Here is one that I picked up a little while back, made of DRALON. Dralon is an acrylic, guaranteed not to crack, fade, chip, peel, yellow, blister, or tease the baby. There is no Dralon Hat thread (yet). German origin, and weighing in at 2.2 ounces, this hat feels like there's almost nothing stopping the summer breeze from cooling the keppe. Check out the photos by the wall sconce, showing the amazingly light construction achieved with this material.

More Dralon info...
http://www.dralon.com/en/fiber-types/

The crystal vase beneath the hat is peaking through. The white "sparkles" appearing on the hat's top are from below!

Buy one HERE: http://www.cappelleriamelegari.com/...ducts_id=880&zenid=i8pmekf7fgk4gmr8ej6dpvguh6

Last edited:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Charlie - I'd heard of dralon hats, and avoided looking at them, but seeing your photos that looks good, and much nicer than a polystraw in my opinion.

Oh Charlie, you are the owner of a German produced hat! Very nice. That Dralon hat is very light weight and comfy.
Don't use steam to shape it melts! haha

Danke schön, Manfred and Rich... I was fairly sure this would melt in heat, thanks! Do you have any experience or suggestions of fixing a slight "ding" or dent in this material? I was thinking about a hair dryer, low heat?

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Charlie, it's nice to see somebody still innovating the traditional hat. And somebody searching hardcore to find it ;) Reminds of a vintage Penney's I bid on but lost to another Lounger (ofcoursemyhorse?). Can't remember the name of the material it was woven from but it was basically fiberglass w/o the resin. Looked better than it sounds. I'd guess that the dralon is waterproof as well? That was the Penney's claim to fame. Still looking for one.

Last edited:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There's a Fibralon hat in a size 60 on ebay.de that keeps popping up in my searches - I don't know whether German hatters were more inventive than elsewhere.

I do have some concern about the way the fibres glow in the dark and the Material Safety Data Sheet for Dralon says that direct skin exposure should be avoided... But we're on the cutting edge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk