Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I do have some concern about the way the fibres glow in the dark and the Material Safety Data Sheet for Dralon says that direct skin exposure should be avoided... But we're on the cutting edge!

If you survive it, you'll have to let us know how it wears in the heat :)

The HatCentre in London advertises Dralon hats in 50 and 60mm brims - http://www.hatcentre.co.uk/mens-collection-summer-hats-c-18_19.html I don't know whether these are from the same factory.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
040-Copy_zps2bc33f07.jpg

041-Copy_zpsda8e186f.jpg

042-Copy_zps0f82d1b4.jpg

043-Copy_zpsfc54c8b5.jpg

044-Copy_zps9ab9c4b1.jpg

045-Copy_zps7322fcf2.jpg

047-Copy_zpsfc71c5ae.jpg

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Might try that, particularly for the liner and the rings around the brim. It's a nice felt, and I always enjoy an unreeded sweatband. The felt is in good condition, and I just adore the patina of the ribbon and trim. It has an almost greenish tint (it appears a little lighter in these photos). A good brushing helped, but the bath might be a good idea.

A beautiful beater for sure! ;)

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I'm in love. Finally the customs house freed my Resistol Panda. Almost 1 month to process this package... there must be something wrong with the workers there.
Don't know it can be called a long hair hat but I do like the touch of this hat.
panda08.jpg

More pictures on the Resistol Roundup thread.

Welcome to the rarified ranks of Barrister owners, Jeff. :eusa_clap

Joao, I think we can call that a longhair. It might be that the customs folks were looking for nits. Look forward to seeing it worn around the streets of Portugal.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Here's a color comparison with the new barrister, blue grey borsalino marque grand luxe, and dusty sage Lee homburg. I find that they bring out the best in each other's spectrum. The Lee and borso are not new.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394054603442.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394054603442.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 138

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Jeff - Nice Barrister. Classic

Joao - You are too funny. That's a great hat but don't get caught up in her good looks.

Ingineer - Classic. Hope she's as good lookin' as Joao's new hat.

I just got this one today. Odd. Everything points to 1940's except the brim is only 1 7/8th and the crown is 4 5/8ths which is more 30s. The hat is unbelievably clean either way, but if anyone has a better guess as to age, let me know. And I always forget which came first: Royal De Luxe Stetson or Royal Stetson De Luxe.

IMG_6100.JPG

IMG_6097.jpg

IMG_6098.jpg

IMG_6099.JPG

rclark

Call Me a Cab
I recently purchased this brown prototype Stetson Open Road made with "Royal DeLuxe" felt at the Stetson/Resistol outlet in Garland. I saw a photo of the hat a while back on Matt Deckard's Tumblr account.

I also picked up a prototype Stratoliner and an awesome Premiere Stetsonian. Will post photos of those as soon as I can.

I just got this one today. Odd. Everything points to 1940's except the brim is only 1 7/8th and the crown is 4 5/8ths which is more 30s. The hat is unbelievably clean either way, but if anyone has a better guess as to age, let me know. And I always forget which came first: Royal De Luxe Stetson or Royal Stetson De Luxe.

Definitely not 1930s. Visit the Stetson liner dating threads for more info, but my guess would be post-WWII with a renovation and brim reduction along the way. Looks very good on you.

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Rick - Very nice. I didn't realize that Stetson had gone back to the stars in the upper left field. When did that happen? I am so behind.

splintercellsz - Thank you for the compliment. I know you love the large brim 20's hats. Pics of the sweat below.

Hato - Thanks!

IMG_6107.JPG

IMG_6109.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto