Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
"Seattle's Leading Hatter" is what I see

Yes, here's a closeup shot of the stamp.

IMGP07531.JPG

Last edited:

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey folks!

This is technically not a new hat, as I posted about finding it a few days ago, but I finished messing with it so I thought I'd post new pics. Sorry, Zombie, but I started in on it about 10 minutes after I posted the other day.

So here is my modified Akubra Snowy River.
20150122_182959-vi.jpg
20150122_183203-vi.jpg

I raised the crown a little and curled the brim. Also changed the crown from wide teardrop to a soft-cornered diamond. For some reason or another whenever I put it on I feel as though I should sing as I watch and wait till me billy boils. Dunno why...:)

...This is technically not a new hat, as I posted about finding it a few days ago, but I finished messing with it so I thought I'd post new pics. Sorry, Zombie, but I started in on it about 10 minutes after I posted the other day...
No worries, my friend. I like the changes you made, and I think it suits you quite well! :thumb:

Couldnt resist this unique little Stetson derby with a cork liner. Seller had a few mint condition Stetsons, including a riding derby in a larger size with an identical cork liner.

Great find! I wonder if it also has a riding / dressage connection? What is the crown height? Also does it have a "Flexible Conforming" sweatband?

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
Pretty standard measurements at 1 3/4" brim and 5" crown. It has identical proportions as as the larger riding derby according to the seller. I'd almost think it has to be a riding derby as well but its fairly strange to see a leather sweat on one.

Saroni & Co. Silk Top Hat c.1850

An older topper in good condition... the form is more flexible than any top hat I have handled. The dents are more like rumples than cracks. I will apply some gentle steam and soft brush to clean the exterior a little and restore it's shape - will post better pictures at that point. 7 1/2" crown, quite straight, 2 1/4" brim is very flexible at the flange. The sweatband seems more like an impregnated cloth than leather. Interior lining is paper. The hat weighs An 1850 display ad for Saroni & Co. below.

saroni1.jpg

saroni2.jpg

saroni3.jpg

saroni4.jpg

saroni5.jpg

saroni6.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Incredible find, and in terrific shape. An appearance in the "What's Your Oldest Hat" thread may be in order?

Sidebar: this would be the hat to wear while performing weddings under the auspices of the Universal Life Church. No need to lose the beads!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Grey days and a sort of unwanted illness took me away from computer.
In this week some new hats arrived. One directly from a basement, another from a closet hats shop in the centre of Italy
Waiting to see the Alan top hat restored I take photos of the two new arrived Borsalino.
The basement one is a repert from the late 40, early 50.
5pppbq.jpg

The proportions are forties oriented. Low crown and huge brim ina fantastic thin and pliable felt.
2ewyukl.jpg

Directly from the shop there is this more modern Borsalino
35iadee.jpg

It came from the eighties. The color is a melange between grey and light brown.
v7ctuu.jpg

More accurate pictures soon in Borsalino Brotherhood for these interesting finds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart