Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tommyK

One Too Many
Stetson Twenty (I think?)
1a4e0020-a686-44a4-bb09-7a7e4cb1b4f3_zpsunggcjkn.jpg c77de292-a520-462e-aa75-9bc00c6f43f6_zpsntupbn0n.jpg
775e133d-3780-47d8-a648-b978ad464635_zpsdyruzej4.jpg 11c6ea5c-7888-4dbc-98c5-15ca3644d376_zps9sn847pz.jpg
I think this hat may be a factory refurb
7788b30f-ed12-442d-b866-7857c8980b5a_zpsgw0ukbfp.jpg 35a94cc8-8a52-4f27-a138-d221cd2b3e6a_zpspzxrmwlo.jpg
Can't quite make it out, inside tag has no info other than size
ee5bbd4c-5f12-4493-b9a9-4e2a7477f6a5_zps1be2j2fe.jpg bd32f192-7bcc-4b95-9120-363fad07d4b7_zpssaydrxww.jpg
Stars and leaf logos inside
ddf63ca8-0bb8-4327-addd-32ddefb958eb_zpszxbzuka5.jpg
Is it a Stetson Sovereign Twenty Open Road? I have my doubts. Maybe it's an early Open Road that got refurbed in the fifty's? And the new sweatband and liner is as close as they could get to the original. Doesn't matter really nice hat just the same.

Last edited:

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up

konadog

Practically Family
just picked up The Kolchak from Baron Hats. This is a replica of the hat Darren McGavin wore in the TV series "The Night Stalker". Definitely one of my more fun hats - hopefully it will see a lot of wear in this hot Los Angeles weather. Feel free to say it looks ridiculous on me.

IMG_1166.jpg IMG_1172.jpg IMG_1174.jpg

konadog

Practically Family
funny thing knotten is i've been contemplating a gray milan strat as my summer hat but ended picking this up when i dropped off my campdraft to get blocked.

javadave61

Practically Family
Just got a new Milan Strat in the mail from DelMonico. Now I'm ready for summer!

Nice! I picked up the Sand version from DelMonico last month. My thoughts are that the gray may be the better version of this hat. The sand is lighter in color than I was expecting, and the thin ribbon almost gets lost in it. I may convert it to a brown mid ribbon just to give it some contrast and definition. It seems like the gray doesn't lend itself to those issues. But then again, the grass is always greener. Or in this case... grayer.

Nice! I picked up the Sand version from DelMonico last month. My thoughts are that the gray may be the better version of this hat. The sand is lighter in color than I was expecting, and the thin ribbon almost gets lost in it. I may convert it to a brown mid ribbon just to give it some contrast and definition. It seems like the gray doesn't lend itself to those issues. But then again, the grass is always greener. Or in this case... grayer.

I too picked up the sand Milan Strat a couple of weeks ago. I really like it. Just received a Stetson Andover from Village Hatters yesterday, and I like that even more.

Strat KHL7Cg9m.jpg Andover HHtMspXm.jpg

javadave61

Practically Family
Just received a Stetson Andover from Village Hatters yesterday, and I like that even more.

I tried on the Andover at a men's shop recently and loved the look and feel of it. I think the overall shape of that hat works better for me than the Strat. Looks great on you. I may be picking that one up.

Thanks. My wife wants me to pick up the grey/black one too, but I kind of thought one in the style would be enough. Go over to Village Hat Shop. They've got them marked down lower than anyone I've seen on the net, and I've had my eye peeled for a good price for a few months.

guillaumeb

One of the Regulars
I'm actually quoting below the very first post of this thread.

Superfini Montecristi are horribly expensive, some are sold for more than a thousand dollars.
I understand that this is handmade in remote places in Ecuador. I understand that it takes several months to make just one hat

But what motivate you to buy them ? I mean this toquila is not more waterproof than any cheap panamas made of the same Toquila and finished in Italy?

So buying a Montecristi, what does it mean for you ? Is this some way to support that man made work. Is it because they look very nice ? do Montecristi owners somehow show some sort of solidarity or simply many bucks on their head to speak crudly (no offense of course!) ?

i'm just wondering really. it's just that those hats seem so fragile to me when I see a photo of one. I mean, I invest in felt fur hat because i know they are waterproof and durable but it seems to there is some else in choosing a Montecristi.

Can you enlighten me ?

(Oh and I'm sorry, I'm pretty confused in posting on FL lately. Sometimes I start news threads that moved and sometimes I see people disgressing like I am right now :) )

Ghost Rider

One of the Regulars
It's been a while since I've been able to post in this thread, but I'm now a proud owner of a Lock & Co. Voyager. I think this is going to be my favourite "go to" hat, and the best thing is that it was a birthday present from my wife, despite the usual "there are too many hats lying around" comments :eek:

IMG_0684.JPG IMG_0685.JPG IMG_0688.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points