Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
OMG, Harv... that cap is just plain off-the-hook sweet!! Totally different look for you; the full cut profile cap is really, REALLY great!

Joao!!! Would you please OPEN that box (and take a picture, also, please)!

Congrats, Moon!! You always remember your first! Great hat, that Strat.

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
OK here are the pictures of the content of the FEPSA box. As y'all know I'm all about big brims and big crowns, so it had to be BIG!

Brim is 4 3/4" and crown is somewhat between 7" and 7 1/2" (can't measure it very well). This is probably the biggest combination of brim and crown FEPSA can make.
FEPSAbox02.jpg

FEPSAbox05.jpg

A FEPSA 2X/225 felt. Not the best of the best but at least it's not wool!
FEPSAbox03.jpg

Now side by side with my Chocolate brown Stetson Big Country. Color is a bit darker than the Stetson.
FEPSAbox04.jpg

FEPSAbox06.jpg

FEPSAbox08.jpg

A close up (with weird colors) in the sun. Probably hatters will pounce/sand it, i think I will not. It's a nice finish!
FEPSAbox07.jpg

And the inside. Not as hairy as most of my hats. It shows the same finish as the outside.
FEPSAbox09.jpg

Need to stretch it from round to oval to fit my nogging. Something to do on the weekend.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Wow Joao what a fabulous hat!
Have you any plans for the ribbon?
Well not a hat yet. I don't have a wide ribbon for it, but I do have a horsehair hatband for it.

Fantastic looking hat, Joao. Are you planning on blocking and finishing yourself?
Well I'm gonna try, never did this before. I like the finish it have and don't want to loose any brim...

That body has your name written all over it,Joao :D.
You know me ;)

Congrats, Joao! May you have many years of shade in good health under there.
In good health I don't know. Years of shade yes.

Very impressive Joao, can't wait to see the finished product!
Me too since I don't own any hat related tools... -.-' (Why am I trying to do this...)

ingineer

One Too Many
Rei Joao;
Fantastic,
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
i know you have been waiting a long time for that.
i know you have considered to have the sweat done by Luiz? in Lisbon
Liner by Dogman?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, ditto on every one else's comments, that is one magnificent hat in the making. I can't wait to see it completed.
It's almost done! I didn't though it would be so fast!
Sweatband is sewed, horsehair hatband is placed. I think it needs some brim work, a liner (DGOMAN I hope you are OK) and it's done!

triple-d

A-List Customer
Harv....nice cap!!! You have that young Superman look goin on...Grats!!!

Joao......Grats on the Big Boy!! DOGMAN is around, has been a little under the weather and trying to catch up...talked to very briefly day or two ago.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao......Grats on the Big Boy!! DOGMAN is around, has been a little under the weather and trying to catch up...talked to very briefly day or two ago.
Thank you! I do know he is around, he replied me for the liner but shipping cost was missing.
Let me resize the pictures of this... erm... "FEPSA" hat by me. ;)

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
OK this one turn out better than the Stetson 30XB "restoration" I made months ago.

This is the felt as I received it from FEPSA. Already with finish and blocked with a round block. This is their CX block. Felt is 100% bunny in 2X/225 quality.
http://www.fepsa.pt/technical-info/available-shapes-in-inch
http://www.fepsa.pt/technical-info/finishes
I wetted the felt to make it pliable and it responded so nice it almost didn't required no brutal force.
FEPSAbox02.jpg

Sweatband sewed by hand. This sweatband was a gift from John Galt for the Stagecoach he cleaned for me but since it still holding fine, I used the replacement on FEPSA felt.
FEPSAhat01.jpg

I had this horsehair hatband laying around with no hat for it so why not. For now a telescope bash. Seems to work nice. I was going for a Gus but already have one.
FEPSAhat02.jpg

FEPSAhat03.jpg

Nogging test. Fits perfectly! A bit of brim work is needed or I may leave it as it is.
FEPSAhat04.jpg

FEPSAhat05.jpg

Exterior test in the sunlight. Perfect sized shade :D
FEPSAhat06.jpg

Already made note to Mrs. Ema that I'm interested on a 100% beaver felt with same CX block.
Hope they make some soon!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda