Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Nice find, Victor. Has two rings on my Standard Feather Weight. Thanks for posting the LOTXXXX number.

ss7.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, Raider - the granite CS hat is one of my all time favorites (I have an Adventurebilt version).

How many PB Indy hats do you have? You've posted a bunch here. I'm planning on getting one of the PB milans (I can walk to the store from our new place), probably the Shady Oaks style, but I'm tempted by an Indy version as well.

Raider

One of the Regulars
Very nice, Raider - the granite CS hat is one of my all time favorites (I have an Adventurebilt version).

How many PB Indy hats do you have? You've posted a bunch here. I'm planning on getting one of the PB milans (I can walk to the store from our new place), probably the Shady Oaks style, but I'm tempted by an Indy version as well.

Five. These three:

image_3.jpg

and two more (one black, one bone).

g.durand

One Too Many
Vic, Raider, David, all nice finds, gents.

With such a nice flurry of new hats, I have to chime in.

Royal Deluxe Stratoliner. The pics show it as olive, but it is a darker olive brown. The felt is in great shape. The sweatband is cracked and the liner needs cleaning, but one of our refurbishers should be able to get it back to form.

IMG_6062_zps9nafrpsp.jpg

IMG_6063_zpsmk7xqifj.jpg

IMG_6064_zpsnrvjrhvj.jpg

IMG_6065_zpsbcky4g8d.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Black Sheep Hat Works
That black cherry is sweet!

My FEPSA felt have the stiffner applied as I asked and is ready to ship! It will probably take 1 or 2 days to arrive.
Seems nice to work with them. Really cheap for me! $40 with shipping included! Less than most US sellers ask me just for shipping cost!!

Super day from BSHW, David. Just spectacular!

Mike that Stetson is simply the PERFECT color. CLASSIC!!

I had a fantastic SURPRISE recently.
The story... I was buying a store brand hat as a gift online at auction. Nice looking lid, I thought, and the size (as measured and posted) was perfect for a friend who is always trying on and wearing MY hats when he's here. Moreover, the hat box (from the store) had the same last name as my friend. Perfect gift, right?

When the box arrived and I pulled the hat out, it was apparent to me that this was indeed an above average lid. Inside, on the front of the sweatband there was an attempt to mark out a logo or something printed there. Better light, changing angles, and Voila... "Cavanagh Edge" came into plain view!! The back end of the bow had the customary Cavanagh fringe, and of course the brim edge was, well, yup(!) a Cavanagh edge. This hat is a private label Cavanagh from about 1960 (my guess). What a surprise!!

But the surprise got BETTER!! The liner was a store-installed generic, which was easy to peek behind for the re-order tag. That's when I really was totally flat-footed and flabbergasted... It's MY melon-dome size, 7-3/4!!!
And I paid less than most hats cost to ship in the States!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Oh, here are a few pictures...
IMG_6740.jpg IMG_6742.jpg IMG_6745.jpg
IMG_6722.jpg IMG_6724.jpg IMG_6743.jpg IMG_6748.jpg IMG_6751.jpg Color fade evident on the top, as compared to the underside, but I'm telling everybody it's supposed to be that way. :lie:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy