Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I recognize the finish on the brim of the fourth hat starting from left....is a Borsalino special treatment
I'm very curious about your find.
You have luck Chris because in your size Italy could be a mine :rolleyes:

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Borsalino High Crown Peluche
78f69dc56d5f2824be664ef67747dc61.jpg
fa049a2499f24720cef450e5198e2d04.jpg
4504215394578c2332f6dfd9830d9714.jpg
e409a3e31bb3c3658bbfcfb0d8e48d45.jpg
55a088c6873fead471419b4c5788c1db.jpg
d6e38e56f9c32a656ba7c3efbe22524d.jpg
7eb4c7c73d81da4e2d5a10bd2f017915.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommyK

One Too Many
beautiful hat ... but why in the world do they insist on putting the logo on the knot ?

it just looks so tacky to me ... cheapens the hat something awful ... in my opinion anyway

I'm sure some marketing exec told them they need more "branding" ( Trust me, I work with these people on many marketing and add campaigns). Pretty sure these logo's on the ribbon don't come in til after the '86 sale of the company.

Branding or no that hat is a stunner, Dlaniger!

Panadora

Practically Family
The Eagle has landed - Stetson Medalist Eagle (Vita-Felt process)
The bird is wounded (have a 3 or 4 moth bite like holes) so I don't have to be careful - I'll simply wear the hell out of this thing!
s-l1600wa.jpg

s-l1600wi.jpg

s-l1600wl.jpg

Above is all sellers pictures. I found a picture showing a missing angle from a similar hat posted in an old Medalist tread
s-l1600w.jpg

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/stetson-medalist-history

001-16.jpg

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

William G.

One of the Regulars
My Akubra Balmoral arrived today, just in time for the awesome spring-weather weekend we're expecting (unfortunately, it's snowing again today).

I immediately set to work reshaping the brim and steaming the crown to give it bigger dents (I wasn't quite as successful with the dents as I was the brim).

image_zpsm8vfkvov.jpeg

Here it is next to my Ultrafino brand Panama hat:

image_zpswso0ucm4.jpeg

They're almost the same hat except the Balmoral has a 1/4" larger brim (My balmoral is a little longer in front than on the sides, which is nice, because I bought it for sun protection during my doctor-ordered daily walks). I haven't worn the Panama hat much except to car shows, because there's usually some chance of rain around here. The Panama tequila straw is lighter and fits me much better. It also blocks light far better than the Balmoral.

I thought I might get rid of the Panama once I got my Balmoral, but now, I don't think that will be happening... the Panama is going to be my hot weather casual hat and the Balmoral will get more dressy use. In fact, I'll probably wear the Balmoral to church on Easter. The Balmoral also strikes me as a nice hat to wear in the city, whereas the Panama has more of a laid-back country feel to it.

We've gotten about 2 inches of snow since the hat arrived, or I would go outside and snap a selfie. Still, even indoors, I'm happy with the way it looks on me now that I've reshaped it some.

IMG_6317.JPG%20copy_zpsrw4eg1tl.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Akubra Bushman. Nice hat. Looking for the right bash for this wide-brimmed Campdraftish hat.

i tried every bash I could think of on mine ... none seemed to look right with the large brim ... I thought the cattleman looked best but I don't like a cattleman on myself ...
... so I blocked out the crown back to open and I wear it like that ... I dig it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana