Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
A new addition. Found on Etsy, was cheap enough so I bought it. Turns out from union tag that it isn't quite as vintage as I had hoped, but still nice. More in the Cavanaugh Club.

61bc4b2af49fedf87ccc473c42263a76.jpg
4beb6a74fd2c8f6197c517481f62913b.jpg

A new style for me, as it is my first Hommie.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Under the river, over the bridge to Bencraft Hatters I went...
Talked with Steve and his great help...
Worth ev'ry dollar I spent!

New Borsa Vitali! Soft and mellow taupe color...More pics to follow in Borsalino thread...

Super! Since you brought up "every dollar..." would you mind telling me the hats price...? Thank you.

NewJack

Practically Family
Super! Since you brought up "every dollar..." would you mind telling me the hats price...? Thank you.

No problem! Let me preface first by stating that quality vintage lids for my larger noggin is as scarce as hen's teeth! Especially Borsas!! So, Hopped in the ride through the Holland, over the Wiiliamsburg and spent around $200.00. No shame here! Worth every lire!! And would do it gain!! If I could try on a lid before purchase, that is a plus. It was worth feeling the felt on this sweetie and trying on several sizes and trying to decide on which to purchase...This time! :cool:

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
No problem! Let me preface first by stating that quality vintage lids for my larger noggin is as scarce as hen's teeth! Especially Borsas!! So, Hopped in the ride through the Holland, over the Wiiliamsburg and spent around $200.00. No shame here! Worth every lire!! And would do it gain!! If I could try on a lid before purchase, that is a plus. It was worth feeling the felt on this sweetie and trying on several sizes and trying to decide on which to purchase...This time! :cool:
Thank you. Great price too.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, Anthony! Its hard to beat a vintage Resistol like that. Please let us know how you like it.

definitely will

can't wait to get it home and steam it up

it's pretty much new old stock... doesn't look to ever have been worn ... very comfortable .. at least for the 30 seconds I had it on my head.

looking forward to wearing this one

definitely will

can't wait to get it home and steam it up

it's pretty much new old stock... doesn't look to ever have been worn ... very comfortable .. at least for the 30 seconds I had it on my head.

looking forward to wearing this one

Anthony, I only own two vintage Resistols. The SA I'm wearing today and a 50s wide brimmed fedora. They really are very comfortable hats. Not sure if the Melorol or not, but the dress fedora especially feels like it floats and grips my head. Plus, the felt is top quality. I'm interested in hearing a Full Report after you've given it the once over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24