Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
I had a little bit of luck at an estate sale I popped into on my way home from work

Found a very nice suuuuuper light weight Borsalino

5f72a8607d3fb7315b1237acd9e3a4a3.jpg

That's a nice find. Is the front of the fabric sweatband imprinted with "Pocket Hat"?

pocket5.jpg

Wormser/ pre 1934

Out of the box - 6" crown, lovely raw silk liner and embossed sweatband. 2 1/4" ribbon is soft and substantial. Has been used but in exceptional condition for a hat that lived through the Depression. I will post additional photos in the Wormser thread once I have a chance to clean, steam and preen the long hairs.

wormser4.jpg

wormser5.jpg

wormser6.jpg

wormser7.jpg

wormser8.jpg

wormser9.jpg

tag not to be used for dating purposes...

wormser10.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Wormser/ pre 1934

Out of the box - 6" crown, lovely raw silk liner and embossed sweatband. 2 1/4" ribbon is soft and substantial. Has been used but in exceptional condition for a hat that lived through the Depression. I will post additional photos in the Wormser thread once I have a chance to clean, steam and preen the long hairs.

wormser4.jpg

wormser5.jpg

wormser6.jpg

wormser7.jpg

wormser8.jpg

wormser9.jpg

tag not to be used for dating purposes...

wormser10.jpg

outstanding !!!!!!

my goodness

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
I said I'd post that Supernatural panama in this thread a few minutes ago on the "eBay Hats" thread, well here 'tis. If any of you good people have an idea of when it was made, I'd love to hear; I was thinking '20s or '30s when I bought it.

It has a faint "ghost" of a optimo style ridge running along the length of the crown. Crown height is about 5 1/2 inches, brim is 2 3/4.
panama1.jpg panama2.jpg panama3.jpg

A couple shots to show the sweatband. The taped seam makes me tend to think it's a earlier hat.
panama4.jpg panama5.jpg

And one to give an idea of the fineness of the weave.
panama6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael