Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Might as well put a pic or two of this Mossant here.

1cbbf68083be96292becefb439007fac.jpg
29eeefbe966644d04672eda4200b14c2.jpg
8e9dd7143032e6cf3cbabc1a746f1598.jpg

More details in French Hats and Makers, and in the Bowler or Derby Hat threads.

Sent from thin air using electricity and other wizardry.
Nice looking stiff felt Moe! I'll check out the details on the other thread.

RJR

The postman rang twice today! First with a heritage grade Banjo Paterson, then with a lovely old Dobbs back bow. The sellers pic of the Dobbs looked tan, but in person it is almost dove with a maroon ribbon.

Two nice additions to your stable.

The postman rang twice today! First with a heritage grade Banjo Paterson, then with a lovely old Dobbs back bow. The sellers pic of the Dobbs looked tan, but in person it is almost dove with a maroon ribbon.

Joe, don't know how I missed this till now. I really like the BP. I think you'll like it as a casual, go anywhere hat.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I was shopping for a vintage overcoat. Didn't find one, but...

233e895aa24fd011a0cec608acd73bc9.jpg

024d20e6a58bb137e0cc05a688887ea3.jpg

I'll put more in the Dobbs Diner as soon as I can get them organized.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
yes !!
that's my man Jim right there
nice work compadre

those old Cross Country hats are amazing ... one of the best fedoras I own ... simply fantastic !!

ryan_289

Familiar Face
I had a nice surprise today. After I got home we decided to let the kids open a few presents. Afterwards, I went on the front porch to turn the Christmas lights on and I had a present from Moon stuck in the corner! (It's still a present even when you buy it for yourself right?!) Caxton Silverbelly.

44fcee0e1e6bc6564a28c93dd35f3cb4.jpg
5a0636b452a044bfe565d0c8c27af652.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I had a nice surprise today. After I got home we decided to let the kids open a few presents. Aftrrwards, I went on the front porch to turn the Christmas lights on and I had a present from Moon stuck in the corner! (It still counts as a present even though I bought it for myself right?!)
20065b6e2a6d6f1fd868149bb510a01b.jpg
e8bd1cea0c40ae87ebad11f1f25c62d0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Dude!!!!!
that thing looks amazing on you !!!
crazy that it sat in my hat room for years and it belonged on your head all along

that should be an everyday wear for you ... it is perfect on you .... seriously

stuck in the corner ... like the Red Rider BB gun

Thanks! What I think really sets it off is the ribbon. Cowboy hats are a dime a dozen around here but I can almost bet you that there won't be another one like this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
You are so right!! That ribbon and really the whole hat are stand up killer!!!!! Looks GREAT on you too!!!!!
Cheers,
M

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
this Cedar Brown CD showed up yesterday .
as I expected it is typical Akubra less than mediocre construction completely unimpressive hat....
It is hard as a rock and stiff as a board.
The flanging is awful
It has the famous toliker line on the brim that Akubra for some reason cannot get figured out and frankly doesn't seem to care to.
It looks to have been pounced by a child.
The color is somewhat patchy.
All of this just further solidified my opinion of Akubra hats that they are highly overrated poorly made hats made of very mediocre materials.
I should have known better but I figured I would give them one more chance... I wasted my money.
Can't say I'm disappointed because I sort of expected this... but this hat is in no way worth what I spent on it.
I know Akubra gets very hyped here and I respect those who swear by them... but this hat is a costume hat at best

So after that glowing review... who wants it?

09fb460f7245d2e53ee14f54e072792a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bigger Don

Practically Family
I was a little mixed up today posting my hat I'm wearing today hat in the wrong thread. Still, it feels so good to receive these wonderful well wishes. They have to prior authorize an MRI, so probably next week? I have not been out of the house to post a WHAYWT pic for a while, so I'm a little miffed with my fuzzy brain for messing up. The good news is, I actually have a NEW HAT to post!!! My care package from my friend Moon arrived today. Have to get photos posted in the morning after a good rest.
Well, you know the sentence for that, don't you? Now you have to send that hat to someone else so they can post it as their new hat.

as I expected it is typical Akubra less than mediocre construction completely unimpressive hat....
The flanging is awful
It has the famous toliker line on the brim that Akubra for some reason cannot get figured out and frankly doesn't seem to care to.
The color is somewhat patchy.
All of this just further solidified my opinion of Akubra hats that they are highly overrated poorly made hats made of very mediocre materials.
I should have known better but I figured I would give them one more chance... I wasted my money.
Can't say I'm disappointed because I sort of expected this... but this hat is in no way worth what I spent on it.
I know Akubra gets very hyped here and I respect those who swear by them... but this hat is a costume hat at best

This is my fear of going with an Akubra. For just a few (a C note) dollars more I can get a bespoke hat from Gannon or NW Hats. What is the best investment for the long term?

The flanging is awful
It has the famous toliker line on the brim that Akubra for some reason cannot get figured and and frankly don't seem to care to.

It is truly a shame......LOOKS like a great open road clone.......boy can I appreciate the "hard as a rock...stiff as a board" situation. I recently got burned on a new 'Royal Deluxe" Whippet that arrived the same way.....costume for sure.....
M

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
This is my fear of going with an Akubra. For just a few (a C note) dollars more I can get a bespoke hat from Gannon or NW Hats. What is the best investment for the long term?

Your best investment is to get anything but an Akubra
... that is just me being honest
They seem to have been much better in the past.
The thing is the inconsistency... you will probably see a review of the exact hat in the coming days stating the opposite of what I said....
Why bother with risking when there are much more consistent options ?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I hope im not disappointed in my Bluegrass CD thats on its way. Of course im new enough to this that I may not notice the difference.

The consensus seems to be that the BGG is for some reason the nicest of them all.
My BGG is vintage soft.
There is a video somewhere on the forum where I show this.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
The consensus seems to be that the BGG is for some reason the nicest of them all.
My BGG is vintage soft.
There is a video somewhere on the forum where I show this.

The Akubra RM hat is really nice felt as well. My cedar brown had the wrong postal code listed on my address and is languishing in the USPO in Midland, Texas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy