Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 74001 View attachment 74002 View attachment 74003 View attachment 74004 I snagged this one on a BIN without hesitation. Portis "The New Slant", tissue weight, very sporty and almost NOS. Not worn much if any. The seller said it was from Granpa's Attic, still in the box. The liner is very 50s Manly-Man styled with graphics of all the activities you should be doing in this hat. Nice and light (4.1 oz) with medium stiffish felt that is very smooth. Special brim stitching. I'll have to pad under the sweat a little, plenty of room as it is a size up from 7 1/4.
Nice find, Red! Gorgeous Portis!

40Cal

One Too Many
Sweet! That is a nice one, any indications under the sweat as to age?
My knowledge of Knox is a little lacking, Red. From the style and proportions I would say late 1940's to mid 1950's. It also has a clear tip liner that isn't plastic ...it's more of a cellophane -like material that is different than the plastic I have seen in late fifties hats.

Thanks, the liner graphics are what sold it for me. This one is light as a feather, 4.1 oz.
Here's mine.

099f0a3a10.jpg

099f15f269.jpg

Canadian wool Stetson. Never thought I'd buy a hat like this, but for $3.00 I thought I'd give it a chance. I don't hate it...
But will you actually wear it........;)
But then for $3,.......... I Suppose I would give it a look too......after all it is in my size.......and it is a Stetson......well sort of one anyway.....:rolleyes:
Best,
M
PS...interesting it has a leather sweat......I am not sure I have ever seen that on those wool hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot