Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mm25

One Too Many
Looks nice, how is the felt? Mine will be here on Friday. Can't wait!
That's hard to answer Red. The crown is stiff, but the brim is soft. It does not snap down with a smooth break. Instead it takes a bit if a hump where it turns over, which I find problematic, but I like the look of it up, so I'll leave it that way.
I'm pleased, but not impressed, if that makes sense.

That's hard to answer Red. The crown is stiff, but the brim is soft. It does not snap down with a smooth break. Instead it takes a bit if a hump where it turns over, which I find problematic, but I like the look of it up, so I'll leave it that way.
Maybe a little steam will loosen the brim. I'm getting the same hat, and am very interested. I don't wear my brims up generally.

Mm25

One Too Many
Maybe a little steam will loosen the brim. I'm getting the same hat, and am very interested. I don't wear my brims up generally.
I haven't put any steam on it. Bob might be better able to speak to that. I tend to like brims up, but then I have a marked preference for homburgs and western, so take it for what it's worth. I certainly think I got my money's worth and have no complaints. It's a nice hat.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
20170825_130609-1.jpg
20170825_130841-1.jpg
I haven't put any steam on it. Bob might be better able to speak to that. I tend to like brims up, but then I have a marked preference for homburgs and western, so take it for what it's worth. I certainly think I got my money's worth and have no complaints. It's a nice hat.
In the front forward view of the brim snapped up (on your hat) the flange looks pretty deep and "cuppy." Try the steam thing and flatten it out some, if that's the look you like. Some pics of brim snapped down from the front and sides would be helpful. Here's mine up and down.

Last edited:

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Early 1940s Vita Felt Stetsonian

this thing had an awful ribbon put on it at some point in its life (pictured below) so I commissioned Tim @Cane Rod Maker over at Alley Kat to get it back to the glory it once held.

Tim did an unbelievable job... this hat quickly became one of my absolute favorites minutes ago when I opened the box that arrived from PA

the felt on this hat is absolutely ridiculous... Tim can attest to that... it deserved to have a proper ribbon put back on it

Before
b48af03cdc1731da657f4d4844d49c7f.jpg

and after Tims magic touch

4bddcbde877a63f9c8f6c828fd988a3d.jpg

83aa4f9164dfee9e5bb13aa25873f13c.jpg

b870544608b6550e39f3dcc6cfc00a8f.jpg

f2555535cfb61784197a57fbf6998e13.jpg

7e03e6f8009917d981eca52b3f40c175.jpg

a77e146ebc3beeef5a1f98c1a63cd262.jpg

db56fd53c2562110ff69d34f317cf541.jpg

01ecceafe88bb5df9ea0d276cc6121c9.jpg

Sent from my space aged handheld communication device and universal translator
Fantastic hat, Moon.
Changing the ribbon realy brought that Stetsonian back to its original glory. Great color! Where about in PA is Tim located? Always in need of a hat professional.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Where did you guys find excellent quality whippets?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Amazing Stetsonian!!! Where do you consistently score these gems!?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Oh here and there
;)

Sweet old lid! You have the best luck finding these gems.

I'd undoubtedly be much better off if I was sleeping instead of scouring the internet in the wee hours for hats labeled incorrectly in their descriptions

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 84139 View attachment 84140
In the front forward view of the brim snapped up (on your hat) the flange looks pretty deep and "cuppy." Try the steam thing and flatten it out some, if that's the look you like. Some pics of brim snapped down from the front and sides would be helpful. Here's mine up and down.
Bob ... a general observation if I may

I know you don't generally wear your brim down but often snap it for photos so we can see the hat both ways .. which I always enjoy and appreciate 100%

but in your examples of front down I would love to see your snap go more temple to temple ... it always looks a touch narrow and in my opinion does the hat an injustice

Unless that look is your intent of course

Just stating what I would like to see in your fantastic hats

Feel free to tell me to F off ... it wouldn't be the first time I've heard it tonight

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner