Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Bob ... a general observation if I may

I know you don't generally wear your brim down but often snap it for photos so we can see the hat both ways .. which I always enjoy and appreciate 100%

but in your examples of front down I would love to see your snap go more ear to ear ... it always looks a touch narrow and in my opinion does the hat an injustice

Unless that look is your intent of course

Just stating what I would like to see in your fantastic hats

Feel free to tell me to F off ... it wouldn't be the first time I've heard it tonight
Your wish is my command! In answer to yer question it is intended. I do prefer a "short break" in my brim snap (or is it called a "long break"???) I forget which is which...
The reason being is that I don't care for when the almost entire front half of the brim flaps down like a garbage can lid. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though and based on your input, I'll certainly experiment. Now go F off.

Last edited:
Bob ... a general observation if I may

I know you don't generally wear your brim down but often snap it for photos so we can see the hat both ways .. which I always enjoy and appreciate 100%

but in your examples of front down I would love to see your snap go more ear to ear ... it always looks a touch narrow and in my opinion does the hat an injustice

Unless that look is your intent of course

Just stating what I would like to see in your fantastic hats

Feel free to tell me to F off ... it wouldn't be the first time I've heard it tonight

Moon, I've often wondered the same thing but was fearful of bringing it up because Bob's just so damn sensitive.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Your wish is my command! In answer to yer question it is intended. I do prefer a "short break" in my brim snap (or is it called a "long break"???) I forget which is which...
The reason being is that I don't care for when the almost entire front half of the brim flaps down like a garbage can lid. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though and based on your input, I'll certainly experiment. Now go F off.

Understood

... and of course I meant temple to temple in my last post... ear to ear would be a bit much

Sent from my space aged handheld communication device and universal translator

View attachment 84139 View attachment 84140
In the front forward view of the brim snapped up (on your hat) the flange looks pretty deep and "cuppy." Try the steam thing and flatten it out some, if that's the look you like. Some pics of brim snapped down from the front and sides would be helpful. Here's mine up and down.
Down looks classic to me. Still love the overall lines of this model. One more day...

Mm25

One Too Many
Down looks classic to me. Still love the overall lines of this model. One more day...

The guy on the left has a classic look to me. That's what Ill try for with the whippet. Just saw this over in another thread.
mike-disfarmer-the-vintage-prints-08.jpg

Couple of nice oldie finds today. First top hat purchase.

Wow... great to find such nice old hats!

It looks like the soft kid leather has been separated from the silk liner. I believe they functioned as one piece when the hat was collapsed. Can you see anything interesting behind them? I have one very similar, which you can see photos of here. You should put yours in the Toppers Unite and pre-1940s Stetson Dress Hats threads too.

21st Century Whippet has arrived. I was like a kid waiting for Christmas, then the FedEx truck got here at 1:30. This Deckard inspired Whippet for the Japanese market was an impulse buy spurred on by Bob Roberts. Many thanks for the push, it was worth it. A more detailed review is forthcoming. Here are the initial pics after snapping the brim.
1Sep17 Whippet factory crease 2.jpg
1Sep17 Whippet factory crease.jpg
1Sep17 Bow detail.jpg
1Sep17 Excellent Whippet liner.jpg

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
21st Century Whippet has arrived. I was like a kid waiting for Christmas, then the FedEx truck got here at 1:30. This Deckard inspired Whippet for the Japanese market was an impulse buy spurred on by Bob Roberts. Many thanks for the push, it was worth it. A more detailed review is forthcoming. Here are the initial pics after snapping the brim.
View attachment 84344 View attachment 84345 View attachment 84346 View attachment 84347

It's a beauty Red! Looking forward to your review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass