Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Picked this Linea-Panniza President up in a thrift store today. Very pleased.
322f3ecd0fb738b0838b6f9da1a563b4.jpg
9e16a1ebf98aff0f5e6608f2f22e63c9.jpg
f602b3446dded1c3930934d9214dcf19.jpg
5265c32bb219c535b36102901ab4211b.jpg
ef1122f70c150e551adb908a47a3b85b.jpg
dc9d0938e89c2fdac03d1bd3b9546d1c.jpg
0c5ece6cbc3310f077c1c7cb4c53580c.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Very nice. Never seen the designation Linea Panizza before. Great find.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Steur. I'd never seen it before either. I'd definitely like to know more about it though.
"Linea Panizza" is the trademark that Cappellificio Falcus uses for hats built in the tradition of Panizza.
The Cappellificio Falcus is shared by the last heirs of the Panizza brand, the Gamba family.
President is a designation of the historic Panizza factory (died in 1981) for medium quality hats.
Under "President" name hats of different quality according to production period, for direct experience, some are great, others much less

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
"Linea Panizza" is the trademark that Cappellificio Falcus uses for hats built in the tradition of Panizza.
The Cappellificio Falcus is shared by the last heirs of the Panizza brand, the Gamba family.
President is a designation of the historic Panizza factory (died in 1981) for medium quality hats.
Under "President" name hats of different quality according to production period, for direct experience, some are great, others much less
Thank you so much Daniele, as ever, for sharing your knowledge. I so hoped you would. I could see that it was a more modern line of Panizza, or post Panizza, hat due to the way the word Linea was written. Compared to the wonderful late 60's Panizza, I bought from you last summer, this Linea-Panniza holds up quality wise. Luckily for me. Do you have any idea when it's from? 80's I'd say.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thank you so much Daniele, as ever, for sharing your knowledge. I so hoped you would. I could see that it was a more modern line of Panizza, or post Panizza, hat due to the way the word Linea was written. Compared to the wonderful late 60's Panizza, I bought from you last summer, this Linea-Panniza holds up quality wise. Luckily for me. Do you have any idea when it's from? 80's I'd say.
It is a more younger production because "Linea Panizza" was and is used from the 90 by the Cappellifficio Falcus that is now the new "home" of the Gamba family the last heritage of the historical Panizza. I think your hat is from the 90.
I'm pleased it is of high quality, even today some Italian hats are of high quality even if is more and more difficult.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
It is a more younger production because "Linea Panizza" was and is used from the 90 by the Cappellifficio Falcus that is now the new "home" of the Gamba family the last heritage of the historical Panizza. I think your hat is from the 90.
I'm pleased it is of high quality, even today some Italian hats are of high quality even if is more and more difficult.
Thank you, my friend. It does indeed feel like it's a good quality hat. It's very solid and has a lovely soft felt quality to it. On the paper label, it says "Angora". It's difficult to get a good photo, though.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Yes, angora is goat's hair. It looks like there could be some in the hat, though not 100%.

My mistake, too. Double! It doesn't say angora, but Angola. Why Angola? Spelling mistake for angora - rabbit fur?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
my mistake, google says angora rabbit
Karl, angora hair can come from rabbits or goats depending on the rabbit or goat. I think this is rabbit, it's more stiff. I believe Angola is a spelling mistake unless it's a hat description for Linea-Panizza.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy