Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I'll have to go back and check out the latest later. Looks like Mr. Paladin just added some beauties!

I just received this Teal Stetson No. 1 Quality from our very own rlk. It's a good fit for me and a real unique lid.

How's THIS for green, Jimmy :D :

DSC_0014.jpg

More pix:
http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii79/harpplayergene/Stetson No1 Teal/

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
HATCO used a pretty decent block for the crown on that Colony. Definitely a more classic block shape. I like it! What's the height of the open crown? 5 1/2", or am I being too generous?

Brad

cookie

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
I'll have to go back and check out the latest later. Looks like Mr. Paladin just added some beauties!

I just received this Teal Stetson No. 1 Quality from our very own rlk. It's a good fit for me and a real unique lid.

DSC_0014.jpg

More pix:

Not big on either the colour or shape of that one Gene.. not up to your usual standards IMHO especially the ridiculous winged brim...Sister Bertrill would like it though:D :D

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you gentlemen, one and all. I agree that the pugaree is a bit different on this felt and it was one reason I initially passed it up, but the more I thought about it the more I regretted it. Its grown on me and I won't change it out. I did get rid of the goofy feather though, but I just don't like them on any hat.

Mr. Bowers it was just under 5 1/2" from the inside top of the crown to the bottom edge of the sweatband so I imagine it would be 5 1/2" measured from the outside. I like the block too, because it is much taller than any of my other Stetsons, including my ORs, and its best attribute is its lack on any real taper like the others have. Its even much less than my moonstone FED IV. The new manager at HATCO told me that it has been decided to use the sweatband on this one on their future hats but I don't know when that will take place. This is a much nicer sweat than the current ones.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Made in England, sold in France, slept a few decades, now in Germany

Here is an interesting one. Could be quite vintage from the overal appearance. 20ies or 30ies.

Maybe, somebody can help to identify the maker.

Who´s label was "Hat Manufactory London Extra Quality"?

P1000437.jpg

P1000431.jpg

Could this be a hint for the maker? It is a french label!

P1000430.jpg

P1000427.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I like it, but don't try to color-coordinate the rest of your clothing with it.

HarpPlayerGene said:

DSC_0014.jpg

More pix:

cynroux

Familiar Face
HarpPlayerGene, I'm envious of your purchases. You have a golden touch when it comes to hats! Great photos as well.

I just purchased a modern Summer Stetson for my beloved. He's slowly beginning to dip his toes into the vintage pool (and I am trying valiantly to resist simply shoving him in!). Goodness knows he has the looks for it.

So far, so good. :)

3467504470_3931e757f0.jpg

3466839355_a33acacb14.jpg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Paladin said:
I was in Garland on some business Monday and couldn't resist a quick swing by HATCO. When carter and I went there a couple weeks ago, I saw a prototype hat there called the Colony; open crown, 2 1/2" bound brim, bark colored; and I passed it up for the black Open Road. I had regretted it since and went by to see if it was still there. What luck; it was! It was in perfect shape and so I grabbed it.
The Colony - open crown.
023.jpg

Mr. Paladin, Welcome to the club. I bought a Colony myself, a few weeks ago. I'm impressed with it. Good choice!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24