Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dundee

A-List Customer
Camp Draft

Here are some pictures of my mid brown Camp Draft.
DCP_3410.jpg

DCP_3415.jpg

DCP_3418.jpg

Stoney

Practically Family
Nicely done

Great job on the ribbon change. It looks like a completely different hat now,
and much better than a stock Campcraft IMHO.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jazzncocktails said:
Thanks for the great comments, all. As Mr. Paladin and Not-Bogart13 indicate, that thin ribbon on the Campdraft is a beauty. But I'm more a wide ribbon guy, so I thought I'd attempt a ribbon switch.

P1010002_6.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
That's a good'n, Carter!
:)
The body is good but the ribbon and crappy cotton sweatband were poorly attached (note wrinkle in ribbon) so I took them both off while waiting for a haircut. I'm thinking of putting in a grosgrain sweatband after reattaching the ribbon.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
The body is good but the ribbon and crappy cotton sweatband were poorly attached (note wrinkle in ribbon) so I took them both off while waiting for a haircut. I'm thinking of putting in a grosgrain sweatband after reattaching the ribbon.

Carter, I have a felt-only hat that I need to add a thin sweatband to - where do you purchase grosgrain sweatbands?

Here's one of my most recent pick-ups - an originally $5 Knox straw fedora that is too big (7 1/2), so I stuffed it with felt bands...'cause I just can't let go of it. I re-worked the brim using steam on small sections at a time, which worked very well:

KnoxStraw01.jpg

KnoxStraw02.jpg

KnoxStraw03.jpg

billyspew

One Too Many
ScottF said:
Carter, I have a felt-only hat that I need to add a thin sweatband to - where do you purchase grosgrain sweatbands?

Try: http://www.hatsupply.com/grosgrain_sweats.htm

ScottF said:
Here's one of my most recent pick-ups - an originally $5 Knox straw fedora that is too big (7 1/2), so I stuffed it with felt bands...'cause I just can't let go of it. I re-worked the brim using steam on small sections at a time, which worked very well:

Loving that ribbon!

Bill

carter

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:

Scott, You can often find grosgrain ribbon on ebay. It can also be purchased in shorter lengths and various widths at Farmhouse Fabrics online http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/sto...ids=0 .

Your Knox straw is a wonderful hat. If you ever decide to part ways with it, please let me know. :)

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Yard sale find.....

P1040511.jpg
[/IMG]
P1040512.jpg
[/IMG]
P1040513.jpg
[/IMG]
P1040514.jpg
[/IMG]
P1040516.jpg
[/IMG]
P1040517.jpg
[/IMG]

This hat is perfect,unworn.It's thin and light like my stratoliner.Slightly tight on me,I'm not sure yet what to do with it..

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Carter and Bill - thanks for the links!

Carter - I'll let you know if I decide to let it go. When I bought it I was hoping it would be a 'small' 7 1/2, but it's huge.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Michaelshane said:
Yard sale find.....

This hat is perfect,unworn.It's thin and light like my stratoliner.Slightly tight on me,I'm not sure yet what to do with it..

Wow -- extraordinary find! Is that a light sage color? Fantastic. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

RBH

Bartender
ScottF said:

KnoxStraw01.jpg

KnoxStraw02.jpg

KnoxStraw03.jpg
I love it.. I would also take it off your hands! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou