Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Nice one, Bingles!

Bingles said:
This just arrived today. It's the "Torino" by Biltmore... quickly becoming one of my favorite brands. I always have a hard time finding nice stingy brimmed summer hats, but Biltmore came though.. I really love this one!

torino.jpg

new recycled pop bottles from Australia

Yea, my summer hats showed up last night one Capricorn and one Country club (wow that's a big brim)

sorry for the crappy photos, all I had was my phone and at 11:30 at night, I didn't want to pull out the big guns.

they are plastic... but they fit great and have to agree with others that the capricorn is a great little hat. I like the fact that the hat can withstand any elements I throw at it and if it gets dirty, hose it off.

img219.jpg

img221.jpg

GWD

One Too Many
Off Topic

:eek:fftopic:

I don't like to complain, but there has been a lot of quotes which include the photos. Please make sure you delete the photo links from your quotes so we don't see the same photos over and over again. It gets a bit redundant.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
GWD said:
:eek:fftopic:

I don't like to complain, but there has been a lot of quotes which include the photos. Please make sure you delete the photo links from your quotes so we don't see the same photos over and over again. It gets a bit redundant.

A good point - you thread killer you. :D

RBH

Bartender
RobFedoraField said:
Yea, my summer hats showed up last night one Capricorn and one Country club (wow that's a big brim)

sorry for the crappy photos, all I had was my phone and at 11:30 at night, I didn't want to pull out the big guns.

they are plastic... but they fit great and have to agree with others that the capricorn is a great little hat. I like the fact that the hat can withstand any elements I throw at it and if it gets dirty, hose it off.

img219.jpg

img221.jpg
Rob.. that Akubra looks great on you!

RBH

Bartender
jazzncocktails said:
Thanks for the great comments, all. As Mr. Paladin and Not-Bogart13 indicate, that thin ribbon on the Campdraft is a beauty. But I'm more a wide ribbon guy, so I thought I'd attempt a ribbon switch.

Happily, Hats Direct includes this very helpful link when it e-mails customers about hats being mailed:

http://www.hatsdirect.com/hat-info/ribbon.html

I relied on it, and the link to the website by Steve listed, to build my new ribbon.

I didn't remove the thin ribbon; it's still there and ready for use again when I want to return to it...
P1010004_4.jpg

But this weekend I tried building my own ribbon and bow on the Silverbelly Campdraft, and the results are below:

P1010002_6.jpg

P1010003_5.jpg

P1010006_6.jpg

For my first hat ribbon/bow outing, not perfect, but not too shabby. I impressed myself with my newfound ability to sew tacking stitches on each corner of the bow to the ribbon (problem was, I only thought of this once the ribbon was perfectly fitted to the hat, so I didn't want to take it off again). After 47 years I discover this new talent with needle and thread? Lots of back and forth with the ribbon itself...put it on and took it off 3 times until it fit just right. I haven't tacked the new ribbon to the felt itself; when I dampened the ribbon, it dried snug to the lid, so it didn't seem to need to be tacked down, which means I can remove it any time and reveal the thin ribbon below.

So, there's a Campdraft ribbon conversion. Let me know what you think.
Steve

The thin ribbons are my favorites... but that one looks great!
:eusa_clap You did a super job!! :eusa_clap

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This arrived Yesterday....

Knox Superfine Homburg

After swapping my only Homburg (Black Brodt's), with Gene. I've decided that I'd like a nice gray Homburg. I happened to stumble across this gem.....and the price was definitely right, so I bid and won it.

252788407_o.jpg

The cattleman's crease is gone. It just has a simple center crease, no side dents. [huh]

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
I sometimes wonder if it really is useful to post a new hat into multiple specialized threads... In any case, I apologize if you've seen this one before: Green Akubra Ascot on my wife:

ulla_akubra_ascot.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Wolfwood said:
I sometimes wonder if it really is useful to post a new hat into multiple specialized threads... In any case, I apologize if you've seen this one before: Green Akubra Ascot on my wife:

ulla_akubra_ascot.jpg
I have not seen a photo of the Ascot before... she looks great...
I mean the Ascot looks super on her. :D

Kidding aside, for some reason I was thinking the Ascot had a much narrower brim.
It really looks nice and your lovely wife wears it well. :eusa_clap

FedoraDave

New in Town
I recently purchased this Stetson panama to replace my black fedora. Considering the heat is starting to rise in Kuwait I needed a change. On topic of changes (was that the topic?) I apologize for my attire it was laundry day (it wasn't) and I had nothing else to wear (I did). Please don't think I am trying to show off my fantastic body (I am). :D

Stetson.jpg

Front.jpg

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
My new Derby . . .

My latest acquisition from eBay . . . what got me most was what I found inside - which I'll show you in the next posting.

DSC02037a.jpg

Knox box, but not a Knox hat . . . at least I don't think so.

DSC02038a.jpg
DSC02039a.jpg

DSC02041a.jpg
DSC02043a.jpg

DSC02044a.jpg
DSC02046a.jpg

DSC02047a.jpg
DSC02048a.jpg

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
And what I found inside . . .

Sorry for the pics being so big, but thought it would be best so everyone could enjoy . . . only wish there had been a date somewhere.

DSC02049.jpg

DSC02050.jpg

DSC02051.jpg

DSC02052.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
The newspaper clipping appears to be from around January 1937, since that was when You Only Live Once was released.

Nice derby! It's always possible it was a house brand made by Knox.

Brad

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
Brad Bowers said:
The newspaper clipping appears to be from around January 1937, since that was when You Only Live Once was released.

Nice derby! It's always possible it was a house brand made by Knox.

Brad

WOW!! Very observant Brad. I hadn't really noticed that. I was concentrating more on the prices and what you got for your money back then. But then I was thinking, "Where and how the heck did he find that?" So I started to look over it a little closer and noticed Sylvia Sidney on the Armand's ad. Way to go! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic