Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. Rmccamey

Rmccamey One Too Many

I do like the colors on this one. Thank you, Brent. Michael has done a great job for me. He really worked to find a soft body to start with and the right ribbon that had a bright copper shine to it. We went back and forth a few times between Sand and Sahara and he was on-point through the whole process.

2. Hat and Rehat

Hat and Rehat Practically Family

I was bidding one this morning, but couldn't raise my bid fast enough.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

3. Hat and Rehat

I really like that. Everything comes together (including the name --- I'd keep it -- it is what I order regularly). The feather treatment in the bow is nice, and the liner's killer.

Zombie_61 and bowlerman like this.
  4. Hat and Rehat

5. Hat and Rehat

Great roll!

BobHufford likes this.
  6. Robieman

Robieman One of the Regulars

I was watching one yesterday. It went from 130 to 190 in the last minute.

Hat and Rehat and Rmccamey like this.
  7. OldStrummer

OldStrummer A-List Customer

After a bit of a dry spell, I finally acquired a new hat. I nearly sent it back, because (a) it was 1/4 size too large and (b) it had a bit of a warp to it. I let it sit for a day (lightly massaging it from time to time) and put some spacers in the headband, and now I think I like it.

This is a Stetson "Severn" Shantung Safari. I'm doing a lot more outdoor activity and need some protection from the sun. So, given my proclivity toward fedoras and stingy brims, this is surprisingly wide, with a 3" brim.

The first photo shows the "warp" that existed out of the box. The other two were taken this morning. Because, yes, I'm wearing it today! Wavy.jpg Side.jpg Front.jpg

8. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

My dad sent me pics of my holy grail hat, which was my grandfather’s hat, and it is a sage Stetson fifteen 3X Beaver , mode edge. He must have had some serious style. So I went poking around under the sweatband of the 3X Beaver , mode edge that I just acquired, to see if there were any further markings. There is a reorder number, block number, size and some other stuff, and “REJECT” stamped inside the sweatband! Can you imagine? I can’t find what could possibly be flawed !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The iPhone’s “dramatic cool” filter, while usually unusable, helped bring out the blue color, maybe a little too much.

[​IMG]

Here are pics of my grandpa’s hat (which is not in my possession), for comparison:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  9. Cornshucker77

Cornshucker77 Call Me a Cab

I take a reject like that every day of the week. Both look great Jeff.

Zombie_61, Scooterz, Rmccamey and 3 others like this.
  10. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

It does come across as a magnificent hat. Jeff. But that was easy to capture!

Zombie_61 and bowlerman like this.
  11. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

12. Cornshucker77

Received my new Shantung Stetson Bison today. 3" Brim just a hair over 4" at the front crease.
    DSCN0480.JPG DSCN0482.JPG

13. Charlz

Charlz Familiar Face

InkedInkedhat_LI2.jpg
    My new hat from Panama Hats Direct in Ecuador is being made.
    Here is a picture of it in progress. Its still in Ecuador. Its a super fino with a 1.9" brim and a gambler crown.

14. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

Thank you! I can't wait til the weather cools only because I want to wear this hat. haha

15. A 50's Lee from the bay.......due to a timely alert from fellow lounger Brent! The good: a solid 50's hat that looks to have never been worn.....awesome color with a really cool pug (was messed up but after removal and the use of a good iron.....)
    The bad: seller said it had a 2 1/2 inch brim (it is Two inches)...and taller crown.... AND they could not seem to measure the inside OR outside of the hat at all.....and the photo's were some of the worst I have ever seen.......BUT at least it DID end up being a 7 1/2 so fits....but hey....I like it! ESPECIALLY as I got it for $20...:eek::eek::eek: More on this hat here: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/the-lee-lounge.18237/page-15#post-2567992
    M:) 20190711_171217.jpg 20190711_171332.jpg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  16. Rmccamey

Rmccamey One Too Many

Great deal, great look...and that enabler Brent is at it again :)

17. Cornshucker77

I don't blame you that is a great hat.

Steve1857, Zombie_61 and scottyrocks like this.
  18. Cornshucker77

Sweet deal Mark. :)

19. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto Call Me a Cab

[​IMG]
    Life is strange, sometimes. On the day when the heat became unbearable, two cardboard boxes arrived from Netherlands. Each contained ten felt hats. Some totally new ones, others part of the exchange with Stefan and a good lot of Italian hats to be restored or put back in condition to resume their ancient beauty.
    I admired the magnificent works done by Fleur of Penumbra Hats, then closed the boxes when the heat became too much, even in my usually cool office.
    I spent two days paying the pledge for too hot and today I came back to look again at the hats.
    I'm happy, very happy indeed and I will share with you my joy starting from the coming days:rolleyes:

20. DaveProc

DaveProc One of the Regulars

20190712_064055 (1).jpg 20190712_064111 (1).jpg 20190712_064117 (1).jpg Babe.JPG kinsley 2.JPG kinsley.JPG prov grays.jpg Ebbets Field Flannels Providence Grays cap.

I am a historian and former Living Historian and have worn many different types of hats, for many time periods, in my life. I generally now wear wide brim hats in my life these days, but as a baseball fan, I had to have this hat!!

Among other historical projects, I currently manage all of the historical records for the Rhode Island Department of Transportation, one of our projects is a major rebuild of a c. 1950s freeway in he city of Providence. In doing research on the abutting properties for this project I discovered Kinsley Park, a baseball field where Babe Ruth played, once stood where one of the exit ramps is located.

The minor league Providence Grays was the name of several minor league baseball teams between 1886 and 1949. These teams were unconnected to the Major League Baseball Providence Grays.
    The first minor league Grays were members of the Eastern League in 1886, playing at the Messer Street Grounds. The team folded in June. In 1894, a team from Providence joined the Eastern League again, this time known as the Providence Clamdiggers. That team also lasted only one season.
    The third Providence team was a bit more successful, joining the EL in 1899 as the Clamdiggers, then changing its name to the Grays soon thereafter. That team remained in operation through 1919, at which point the EL had become the International League. The team moved back to the new Eastern League in 1918. Babe Ruth played for this version of the Grays in 1914 now playing at Kinsley Park .
    The Grays returned to the Eastern League again in 1926 as the Providence Rubes before changing back to "Grays" in 1927.. This team lasted until 1930. Finally, in 1946, the Providence Chiefs were formed as members of the New England League, who also changed their name to the "Grays" in 1948 before folding after the 1949 season.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019