Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Thanks, HJ. I've seen some hats from the White House, too. Don't talk to me of your hat envy.

2. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

That cleaned up real nice, Greg. Good get. Was wondering when it would show up.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Zombie_61 and Bamaboots like this.
  3. Pellie

Pellie A-List Customer

I don't know if it's vintage, but bought this Tonak today for 25 euro's. Don't have it yet, but won't take long. :) IMG_20190908_175046.jpg IMG_20190908_175112.jpg IMG_20190908_175136.jpg

4. Steve1857

Steve1857 I'll Lock Up

Nice find, Pellie. As vintage is more or less something that is 25 years old or more, I'd say that particular Tonak falls into the category. Hopefully, once it's in your hands, a label under the sweat will reveal some more.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Zombie_61 and deadlyhandsome like this.
  5. Pellie

Pellie A-List Customer

If there is a label under the sweatband, i'll let this know here :)

Zombie_61 and Steve1857 like this.
  6. Steinbockhase

Steinbockhase A-List Customer

Zombie_61 and Steve1857 like this.
  7. Steinbockhase

Bencraft Parabuntal straw.
    Not new, but first time in detail.
    Looks better on my daughter :)

Georg-2018-07-Bencraft-Parabuntal-black-108-WEB-XL.jpg Georg-2019-07-Bencraft-Parabuntal-black-104-WEB-XL.jpg Lea-2018-07-Strohhut-Parabuntal-115-WEB-XL.jpg Lea-2018-07-Strohhut-Parabuntal-117-WEB-XL.jpg Lea-2019-07-Black-n-Hat-101-WEB-XL.jpg Hat-Bencraft-Parabuntal-black-102-WEB-XL.jpg Hat-Bencraft-Parabuntal-black-105-WEB-XL.jpg Hat-Bencraft-Parabuntal-black-107-WEB-XL.jpg Hat-Bencraft-Parabuntal-black-201-WEB-XL.jpg Hat-Bencraft-Parabuntal-black-202-WEB-XL.jpg

8. Pellie

Pellie A-List Customer

I already have a white Wegener. I think this one is more cream, but we shall see :p But i agree, you can't without a white or light coloured fedora!

Steinbockhase and Steve1857 like this.
  9. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Thanks, Jim. I began to wonder as well. 13 days to get it in the system. Almost canceled. Glad I didn't. It did clean up well.

10. Definitely a worthy addition to any vintage hat collection.

Bamaboots likes this.
  11. steur

steur

Steve1857 and Pellie like this.
  12. steur

steur

I think every hat does, Georg! She has the looks and knows how to pose the hat (which is nice, by the way). You never had a chance I'm afraid.

13. steur

steur

Four hats came in this week from the same previous owner. Quite a bit of variaton in size between the four oddly enough. I wanted the hats because of this one.
    Borsalino Cicosca in misto stagno. Size 56, felted ribbon, overwelt edge at 6cm with four rows of stitching. Unlined with a crown patch covered in cellophane. Qualitá extra extra superiore and weighing 94 grams. Sold by Melegari of Milan.
    borsalino stagno_01.jpg borsalino stagno_02.jpg borsalino stagno_03.jpg borsalino stagno_04.jpg borsalino stagno_05.jpg borsalino stagno_06.jpg borsalino stagno_07.jpg borsalino stagno_08.jpg borsalino stagno_10.jpg borsalino stagno_11.jpg

14. steur

steur

Second hat in the bunch. Patterson&Co trilby in a size 57. Overwelt brim at just over 4cm, so a real stingy. Felted ribbon in black. Crown a good 11cm at the center dent. The felt is almost identical to the Hückel melé I posted last week, which was a nice surprise. I've had a Patterson hat before and that one was very stiff indeed, while this one is very soft. Too big for me and not my preferred style. But a well made hat. Mid to late sixties I think.
    patterson57_01.jpg patterson57_02.jpg patterson57_03.jpg patterson57_04.jpg patterson57_05.jpg patterson57_06.jpg patterson57_07.jpg patterson57_08.jpg patterson57_09.jpg patterson57_11.jpg

15. steur

steur

Third one of the batch. Semi English: Stetson Premier in Chestnut made under license by Failsworth. Size 55, which must have been too small for the owner, because it seems almost NOS. Lovely hand to the felt. Raw edge brim at 5,4cm and crown 10cm at the center dent. Too small for me alas.
    stetson chestnut_01.jpg stetson chestnut_02.jpg stetson chestnut_03.jpg stetson chestnut_04.jpg stetson chestnut_06.jpg stetson chestnut_07.jpg stetson chestnut_08.jpg stetson chestnut_09.jpg stetson chestnut_10.jpg stetson chestnut_11.jpg

16. Steve1857

Steve1857 I'll Lock Up

Wonderful misto, Stefan. I can understand why you had to have it.

Zombie_61 and steur like this.
  17. Steve1857

Steve1857 I'll Lock Up

Failsworth made excellent Stetsons. Love the colour, shape, and wide ribbon on that one, Stefan. Shame it's not my size.

18. steur

steur

Last one of the four. These all belonged to prof. dr. C.S. Kruyt (I know because they came in a box with his name on it). Born 1920 and apparently still alive (hat wearing is good for you). This is him:
    prof cs kruijt.jpg

Fourth one is a Joshua Turner in black. Size 57 with an overwelt brim at 5cm and crown 10cm at the center dent. Unlined and unreeded construction. Very lightweight at only 77grams, which is uncommon for English made hats. Joshua Turner was a London based hatter who was listed in the register of English makers of 1902 as a woolfelt maker. In the register of 1945 they are no longer listed at all.
    This hat has me a bit stumped. Some features point towards an early (pre-war that is) hat: the unreeded construction, the way the ribbon and bow are done and the shape, but that doesn't really fit with the wearer, who was born in 1920. Could be it wasn't made by Joshua Turner but just branded and the label seems to suggest that (looks like the labels used by Moores or T&W Lees). I'm going to go with late forties for that reason.
    joshua turner_01.jpg joshua turner_02.jpg joshua turner_05.jpg joshua turner_06.jpg joshua turner_07.jpg joshua turner_08.jpg joshua turner_09.jpg joshua turner_10.jpg joshua turner_11.jpg

19. Steve1857

Steve1857 I'll Lock Up

Four super hats Stefan with nice provenance. The good professor had a fine taste in hat wear. The Turner is indeed an interesting one. Some pre-war elements along with some post war ones. Either way, it's a good looking hat.

steur likes this.
  20. Steinbockhase

The color, felt texture and identical felt hatband give me the impression of an Alpine (Alpen) style Borsalino :)
    (I have a black fuzzy Borsalino that originally had an identical felt hatband; changed it against something with more contrast.)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019