Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

Thanks, Steve. They certainly did. A bit odd that it was in his collection, but it is a later one and it could be he had lost his hair and could wear a smaller size. It is a lovely little hat. If I force it I can wear it, but the sweat already has two small tears, so I'm not going to stretch it.

Steve1857 likes this.
  2. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

Thanks again, Steve. A pleasant surprise indeed that one. Haven't seen one of their hats before, but I'm quite taken by its shape and especially by how light it is. Takes some cork for me to wear it though.

Thanks, Georg. The felt certainly points in that direction. The Cocisca model is not very Alpine looking though: the crown is fairly straight without much taper and the brim is wider than common for Alpine hats. Whatever the intention: I like it!

Steinbockhase and Steve1857 like this.
  3. Pellie

Pellie One of the Regulars

Great hats Stefan!! Are you going to sell the ones that doesn't fit you?

steur and Steve1857 like this.
  4. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

Thanks, Marcel. That's the idea, yes. The Patterson and Stetson can go. Still on the fence about the Joshua Turner: I really like that one and I can wear it with a cork spacer, but it's not something I like to do. Need to think about that one.

Steve1857 likes this.
  5. Steve1857

Steve1857 Call Me a Cab

I picked this one up yesterday. Same MO as with the Borsalino Daino earlier in the summer. Got off the train, exchanged money for the hat, got back on the same train again all in less than a minute. It was like something out of a John le Carré novel

Anyway, Panizza Super. Short brim, wide ribbon, nice dense felt. A bit on the small side at a straight 57, but I expected that with an Italian hat. A few hours on the hat jack and it's almost there.

The liner is sewn in. The paper label is difficult to take a photo of. Apart from some production numbers it says Ruzeno. My searches reveal nothing as to the meaning of this word.

Nice Panizza, nothing particularly special, but I like it.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

6. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

Looks good, Steve. Panizza is a difficult brand. There are some great hats and there some stinkers among them.

Steve1857 and Zombie_61 like this.
  7. Hat and Rehat

Hat and Rehat One Too Many

I picked up another Biltmore today.

It looks like it probably took an arrow back in the day.[​IMG]

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

8. Hat and Rehat

C'mon!
    It's for parts. I'm not that far gone!
    [​IMG]

9. Hat and Rehat

The sweat is in great shape. It feels like it's been waxed on the rough side.

Goodwill sells a lot of their hat's on eBay, but some, mostly 2nd string at best, slip down the food chain.
    This was at the "Outlet World" clearance store. $1.29 a pound and it weighs 8 oz..

Zombie_61 likes this.
  10. Pellie

Purchased this 2 Borsalino's from Daniele Tanto. I'm very pleased with it.
    Lovely hats. IMG_20190910_201857.jpg IMG_20190910_201913.jpg IMG_20190910_201822.jpg IMG_20190910_201929.jpg IMG_20190910_201944.jpg

11. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

12. Steve1857

Steve1857 Call Me a Cab

hatsRme, Pellie and Zombie_61 like this.
  13. Pellie

Thank you guys!

drmaxtejeda and Steve1857 like this.
  14. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto Call Me a Cab

Thank you for your kind words.
    I always try to do my best and I hope...... to continue:)

Zombie_61, Steve1857 and Pellie like this.
  15. Rmccamey

Rmccamey One Too Many

Simple is simply the best, Part II.

New to me Dobbs Cross Country. Unlined, shallow teardrop crease, no pinch, super light weight, brown on brown. I would compare the felt to my 50's OR and Strat, it is really amazing and so light I hardly know I have it on.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

16. Steve1857

Steve1857 Call Me a Cab

Simple but effective, Randy. That looks like a really nice Dobbs. Who would have thought a no pinch Fedora would work. Just goes to show, we all need to broaden our horizons. Cudos.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Zombie_61, Tukwila and Rmccamey like this.
  17. Rmccamey

Rmccamey One Too Many

Thank you, Steve. It is a nice one.

Zombie_61 and Steve1857 like this.
  18. Tukwila

Tukwila Call Me a Cab

I've had my eye out for a Dobbs Cross Country for some time now. Blue would be nice, Dear St. Nick.

19. Rmccamey

Rmccamey One Too Many

Once upon a time, in a closet far, far away, lived a beautiful princess named ONE HUNDRED. Handsome prince RANDY discovered her and freed her from the turmoil of darkness. To enhance her elegance, Squire Rick, also known as the PHOENIX, was consulted by the good prince. The decision was made to put the princess in the hands of ART the FAWCETTmaster to make her radiant beyond compare. The master worked his magic and gave the princess curls and a crown fit for a (Mc)QUEEN. Even TOM HORN was impressed with her beauty. From that day on, the prince and princess, now king and queen, lived happily ever after in holy hatrimony!

Then:
    S4.jpg S10.jpg S13.jpg

Now:

TH1.jpg TH2.jpg TH4.jpg TH5.jpg TH6.jpg

20. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

VERY nice, Randy! It started out pretty great, but you and Art took it to a new level. Such a great style to it, and I like how the curl not only looks good it also took up some of that generous brim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro