Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. Robieman

Robieman One of the Regulars

That came out extremely fine. I love it, and know you do too.

2. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Not my usual but when I saw 7X CB I read the description and looked at the photos once. The BIN was a nice one. I don't think many others saw it before I pulled the trigger. After having plenty of time to study the pics I suspected it might be Canadian made with the foil size tag. I reached out to a couple of buds and they had suspicions as well but no confirmation. It was very dirty and musty with with some markings under and along the edge of the brim. Steaming and sponging helped but it needed a gas bath. That helped but some markings remain that I'll worry about later if I keep the hat.

As soon as I picked it up it was obviously a 7X CB. The finish is as fine as a great suede or buckskin. The density of the felt is what draws me to these hats, along with how easy it is to mold the crowns. They will 'pop' in and out as you please. This one is particularly soft and is finished to more of a dress weight than either of my other two. The brim is as flexible as Gumby and transitions from the down to up position with ease. The Mode edge is really thin and finished to a standard I've not experienced. I have a 20 mode edge and have owned a Guild Edge and Cavanagh and they were all nice but don't match up. Clear Beaver on the liner tip with maple leaves all around. Oil skin liner tip protector. Great 2" sweat and the liner is heavy with the seam to the right. The ribbon could be described as Champagne in color and it is unique. Look at the pics in direct sun. Hard to find a stitch anywhere on it or the bow. Nice and straight blocking. 2 1/2 x 5 1/2.
    CIMG7306.JPG CIMG7307.JPG CIMG7308.JPG CIMG7309.JPG CIMG7310.JPG CIMG7311.JPG CIMG7312.JPG CIMG7313.JPG

3. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

cont.
    CIMG7314.JPG CIMG7315.JPG CIMG7317.JPG CIMG7319.JPG CIMG7320.JPG CIMG7321.JPG CIMG7322.JPG

4. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Most excellent Randy and in a dark (brown,black) color. Seems most are light colored. Always wanted one of those.
    B

5. AbbaDatDeHat

Super!!
    More pics of the insides please??
    B

Steve1857, Rmccamey and Zombie_61 like this.
  6. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Killer

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Bamaboots and Zombie_61 like this.
  7. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Jeez, three knockouts in a row! Have you done any research on the store branding yet?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Tukwila, Bamaboots and Zombie_61 like this.
  8. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

I’m surprised that it appears so dark. Are you going to add pinches or leave it as it is? Nice thin felt in any case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rmccamey and Zombie_61 like this.
  9. Very nice top drawer One-hundred, Randy! Very nice & looks great on you too. What are the measurements, & would like to see more interior pics? And thanks for not cutting it down.

Rmccamey, Bamaboots and Zombie_61 like this.
  10. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Cursory, Jim. Maybe some of our friends from the North, not you Yankee's, will weigh in; @belfastboy, @johnnycanuck where are you? Has some hallmarks of an older hat but to say I know how to date one of these is ridiculous other than some time between 1937 and 1970. I'm probably off a day or two as I haven't looked too deep but this outfit started Stetson in Canada. Wonder if any of their hat's are around?

[​IMG]

jonesy86, Steve1857, steur and 5 others like this.
  11. AbbaDatDeHat

12. Bamaboots, Tukwila and Zombie_61 like this.
  13. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Damn, Randy! What an outstanding hat. Everything about that hat suits you. Good job, you and Art. What HJ said, more pics, please?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  14. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Been wearing it around the house that way ever since it dried.

Zombie_61 and Hurricane Jack like this.
  15. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

And just how much do you like it?

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  16. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

It is. I haven't dug too deep through the Canadian threads but I have run across this style 7X CB before, U S made and usually with contrasting ribbons.

Zombie_61 and Hurricane Jack like this.
  17. Bill Hughes

Bill Hughes One Too Many

Outstanding Randy.

18. You know me, I like the tone on tone ribbon better. Any idea on dating the box & is it original to the hat?

Zombie_61 likes this.
  19. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

I'm the same on the colors. Moon used to assist me with the boxes and their dates. No idea if this box is original other than what the seller said. Appears to be old. It's paper printed graphics applied like wallpaper over the box. The box and its top have fabric taped seams with a heavy string tie on each side. Some things just seem to show their age and this box does. What age? I don't know.

20. Definitely worth the cost of double boxing & shipping.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Steve1857, Zombie_61 and Bamaboots like this.