Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Resistol OR clone.

Sellers pic.
View attachment 186197

Arrives as a beautiful buckskin or natural beaver color. +1
Felt is very thin & soft. While brushing out the dust I turn out the brim & push out the dents to better see the blocking. +2
View attachment 186198
View attachment 186199

Did some steam cleaning, some brim ironing & threw in a center crease with forward dents for a Western dress look. Still drying.
View attachment 186200
Very nice!

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Stingy brim 4X Open Road.
4fd9b91d580047134156b49633bdac97.jpg
5129d475afb0f083e99bb274d2272886.jpg
e41df60d345dd531e1a79cbc08cdef29.jpg
9954e8d53ef57718e56edaf6e10fa102.jpg
2dee7e663c2c025297969f45922d5ff7.jpg

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Resistol OR clone.

Sellers pic.
View attachment 186197

Arrives as a beautiful buckskin or natural beaver color. +1
Felt is very thin & soft. While brushing out the dust I turn out the brim & push out the dents to better see the blocking. +2
View attachment 186198
View attachment 186199

Did some steam cleaning, some brim ironing & threw in a center crease with forward dents for a Western dress look. Still drying.
View attachment 186200
This Resistol finished out very nice. I'll get more detailed pics for the appropriate thread when lighting permits. Looking forward to wearing it out today.

IMG_5703.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This hat was made in Merano in the workshop of Mathias Hutter, hat maker and hat retailer. I was lucky enough to see what was left after the shop closed, about five years ago, among the known Italian hat brands, especially Borsalino and some foreign representatives there were the "homemade" hats
Hutter pelo 1 R.jpg
The machines for forming hats and all the necessary furnishings were still present when the shop was closed, but I could not trace them. I made a long cataloging of the hats present and an estimate, some I had some as payment for my work, others I bought them. This is one of those acquired during my last visit, together with Steve, last year
Hutte Penumbra3 R.jpg

The hat was not my size, but I liked the color and the felt. So it left for Netherlands and turned into what you see
Hutte Penumbra4 R.jpg

Fleur of Penumbra Hats gave me advice that I followed
Hutte Penumbra1 R.jpg

The long nap was cut, the size enlarged and a new ribbon was mounted, leaving the original lining
Hutte Penumbra interno 1 R.jpg
The proportions are as follow: brim finish with two seams are at 6,5 cm. open crown at 12 cm. and the ribbon is 3 cm.
Hutte Penumbra2 R.jpg

Felt is thin and dense, really malleable.
Thanks to Fleur for works and patience

Coool find, Cuz. I owned a Churchill and still have a Dunlap of the same dimensions and OR look but I don't remember ever seeing a labeled OR with that brim. Obviously out there, just a first for me.
Thanks Cuz. I've seen and admired several with the look, yours included, and also like you, this is the first sure enough Open Road I've ever seen with this short of a brim. Fortunately it was just my size. I'm really digging it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
This hat was made in Merano in the workshop of Mathias Hutter, hat maker and hat retailer. I was lucky enough to see what was left after the shop closed, about five years ago, among the known Italian hat brands, especially Borsalino and some foreign representatives there were the "homemade" hats
View attachment 186352
The machines for forming hats and all the necessary furnishings were still present when the shop was closed, but I could not trace them. I made a long cataloging of the hats present and an estimate, some I had some as payment for my work, others I bought them. This is one of those acquired during my last visit, together with Steve, last year
View attachment 186353
The hat was not my size, but I liked the color and the felt. So it left for Netherlands and turned into what you see
View attachment 186354
View attachment 186355
The long nap was cut, the size enlarged and a new ribbon was mounted, leaving the original lining
View attachment 186356
The proportions are as follow: brim finish with two seams are at 6,5 cm. open crown at 12 cm. and the ribbon is 3 cm.
View attachment 186357
Beautiful hat, Daniele. Nicely restored by Fleur.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
In a summer a few years ago a stockist informed me that she would receive many hats, asking me for an evaluation. The hats came to her, but they were for women, only three were for men. Made in Italy they were of three different browns and very similar felt finishes, except one that was in suede. New and remnant of a men's high fashion store. The price agreement was found and my curiosity became noticeable while they were traveling. Upon arrival they turned out to be made in Italy in a good fur felt and "modeled" along the lines of the Borsalino, all had a thin ribbon. Two have left for Holland and in Fleur's hands have taken new shape to be worn
KentPEN 2R.jpg

This is marked Kent, very little imagination to give it a trademark
KentPEN 4R.jpg

in medium-heavy felt finished with a slight hair
KentPEN 1R.jpg

The hat was trimmed with new ribbon and bow, lining and new shape
KentPEN 5R.jpg

The dimensions are as follows: raw brim with an "invisible" seam at 6,5 cm. Crown is 12 cm. and the ribbon with a partiular bow at 2,5 cm.
KentPEN 3R.jpg

The interior with the original "Kent" patch and the new lining
KentPEN interno R.jpg
The Penumbra mark
KentPEN Penumbra R.jpg
As for other hats that Fleur of Penumbra has made or reshaped for me I followed her advice without much discussion.
I like to collaborate :)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
In a summer a few years ago a stockist informed me that she would receive many hats, asking me for an evaluation. The hats came to her, but they were for women, only three were for men. Made in Italy they were of three different browns and very similar felt finishes, except one that was in suede. New and remnant of a men's high fashion store. The price agreement was found and my curiosity became noticeable while they were traveling. Upon arrival they turned out to be made in Italy in a good fur felt and "modeled" along the lines of the Borsalino, all had a thin ribbon. Two have left for Holland and in Fleur's hands have taken new shape to be worn
View attachment 186479
View attachment 186480
View attachment 186481
View attachment 186482
The dimensions are as follows: raw brim with an "invisible" seam at 6,5 cm. Crown is 12 cm. and the ribbon with a partiular bow at 2,5 cm.
View attachment 186485
View attachment 186486
The Penumbra mark
View attachment 186487
As for other hats that Fleur of Penumbra has made or reshaped for me I followed her advice without much discussion.
That ribbon goes really well with that lovely chocolate brown colour, Daniele. Another great job from Fleur.

View attachment 186352
View attachment 186353
View attachment 186354
View attachment 186355
View attachment 186356
View attachment 186357
Wow, what a transformation! Great work by Fleur and a stunning hat, Daniele.

View attachment 186479
View attachment 186480
View attachment 186481
View attachment 186482
View attachment 186485
View attachment 186486
The Penumbra mark
View attachment 186487
Beautiful work. I really like the shape of that hat: fantastic!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Wow, what a transformation! Great work by Fleur and a stunning hat, Daniele.

Beautiful work. I really like the shape of that hat: fantastic!
First of all thank you Stefan and then thanks again for introducing me to the qualities of Fleur of Penumbra Hats. The desire to see something new in my collection came back to me and she gave me the opportunity to transform old and new felts into hats. I often follow her advice and our discussions via email are minimal, but the results give me great satisfaction

Last edited:

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I’m taking a hat acquisition hiatus, but I still have a few more trickling in. This Worth & worth flyweight “straw” arrived misshaped due to poor packaging, but it’s responding well to rehabilitation. The lightest hat I currently own.

00b9abf88ec983cf30f992c50975eb75.jpg

e9d5c6a0745a9a8cf840fe438f18c16f.jpg

0364ca9b1e8c99cf327ec0fd40bb51c1.jpg

c12edaadb59e873f6e8264febf913047.jpg

089fb22f30b12c073c05e52eae054f4a.jpg

189a6b7d2f0c9e495f31bacd9702f18b.jpg

2fb06f28a97f8991437c7f13ce66cd34.jpg

2bf4468c48de8cba1bb668428d2dedb8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That has your name all over it, Brent. Nice lid, great look.

First of all thank you Stefan and then thanks again for introducing me to the qualities of Fleur of Penumbra Hats. The desire to see something new in my collection came back to me and she gave me the opportunity to transform old and new felts into hats. I often follow her advice and our discussions via email are minimal, but the results give me great satisfaction
She has a passion for guality hats and you certainly bring those in for her to work on. Makes me want to see my reworked hats all the more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot