Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
MacLachlan Beaver Forty Western. I didn't know they made westerns. Same excellent felt, only the brim is a little stiffer.
I love the liner.
c411bd2ae2e909ac117770eb902a5168.jpg
57472c3d9cb3e706515bfe2ee73d9604.jpg
fb2d6acd119788f042bd2beb031ef2f3.jpg
cb994bae2c990cc926d2c7e9cbfac4a8.jpg
8b4142953965e667d6dd075d1898e3b5.jpg
193c7ed762b808ad150d08c8f4340589.jpg
6cb2c29492592d40f6eb5f39369f5d01.jpg
907f19454e71344b1fc96326d2193d77.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

J Williams

Practically Family
Got a Stetson 7XCB in the mail today that I won on Goodwill.
Thanks to Randy @ Rmccamey for the tip !!

I knew from the pics on Goodwill that it was pretty mangled, but let’s just throw it in a box, LOL.

The felt and sweat are perfect though. I cleaned it up and misted it down and steamed back to open crown. I’ll see how it looks in the morning after drying, then I’ll post more pics after bashing.

View attachment 191577 View attachment 191578 View attachment 191579 View attachment 191580

Oh she will shape up just fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PanosChris

Practically Family

PanosChris

Practically Family
I'm impressed with his work. After Art retires and i pay for my final VS hat, i may just commission a hat from Peter Hornskov.... next year, assuming i survive my 6 month probation at the new job, and surgery in December.

Maybe there should be a dedicated Hornskov Hats thread....
Indeed Peter is able to deliver a high quality product. Not that there are no weak points though. Indeed a dedicated thread would be best to discuss all these ;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PanosChris

Practically Family
Very nice indeed, Marcel. I particularly like the classic American style 40s look to it. Super colour, too. The more I see of Hornskov hats, the more I think I'll have to save up for one.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Even if you don't decide to buy one soon Steve, I think it's worth it to arrange a visit to his shop in Copenhagen and get a personalized head shape measurment using the conformateur he has :)

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Excellent Fabio.

Prada Glenfur homburg. The ribbon is dark olive green. When I saw the seller pics I thought it was discoloration. A very pliable crown, hand creases easily.
View attachment 191562 View attachment 191563
View attachment 191564
View attachment 191565
View attachment 191566
View attachment 191567
View attachment 191568
View attachment 191569

I have high expectations for that 7X! Looking forward to pics and your assessment.

Got a Stetson 7XCB in the mail today that I won on Goodwill.
Thanks to Randy @ Rmccamey for the tip !!

I knew from the pics on Goodwill that it was pretty mangled, but let’s just throw it in a box, LOL.

The felt and sweat are perfect though. I cleaned it up and misted it down and steamed back to open crown. I’ll see how it looks in the morning after drying, then I’ll post more pics after bashing.

View attachment 191577 View attachment 191578 View attachment 191579 View attachment 191580

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Even if you don't decide to buy one soon Steve, I think it's worth it to arrange a visit to his shop in Copenhagen and get a personalized head shape measurment using the conformateur he has :)

Ja, I'd love that, Panos. I've always wanted to be measured with a conformateur.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
I have high expectations for that 7X! Looking forward to pics and your assessment.

Looked fantastic this morning ! Really great condition after some cleaning. No moth bites or stains whatsoever.
I just did a quick bash and brim shape before getting dressed for work this morning. I kinda like it with the back down, a little Aussie style. Not a very good picture, but rainy morning so had to take it indoors.....

of course I have limited comparisons, but the felt is amazing. Very soft, yet thicker and stiffer than say the '41 Strat.
Really holds the shape well, but I'll get some steam to it to finalize the bash. I think it looks pretty close though.

I'm thinking 50's on the age, going by the size tag. Does this sound about right ?

7XCB-7a.jpg

7XCB-1.jpg

7XCB-2.jpg

7XCB-3.jpg

7XCB-4.jpg

7XCB-5.jpg

7XCB-6.jpg

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Looked fantastic this morning ! Really great condition after some cleaning. No moth bites or stains whatsoever.
I just did a quick bash and brim shape before getting dressed for work this morning. I kinda like it with the back down, a little Aussie style. Not a very good picture, but rainy morning so had to take it indoors.....

of course I have limited comparisons, but the felt is amazing. Very soft, yet thicker and stiffer than say the '41 Strat.
Really holds the shape well, but I'll get some steam to it to finalize the bash. I think it looks pretty close though.

I'm thinking 50's on the age, going by the size tag. Does this sound about right ?

View attachment 191658

View attachment 191659

View attachment 191660

View attachment 191661

View attachment 191662

View attachment 191663

View attachment 191664

I think you're spot in with your estimate. I think the mixed fraction tags were used for a brief window in the late 1950s.

Man, you've sure made one helluva entrance. Congrats on another great find.

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
I think you're spot in with your estimate. I think the mixed fraction tags were used for a brief window in the late 1950s.

Man, you've sure made one helluva entrance. Congrats on another great find.

Thanks, it is addicting !! Especially since I've already been into collecting other vintage items, and with all the great support here !

Well, it wasn't cheap shipping it over, but I have to admit that it was fairly fast and there was no additional cost for import taxes. So all in all a bit of a mixed bag with Ebay's global shipping. Finally added a Borsalino Gorasgu to the collection. Have handled a couple of these before but so far one that fitted me eluded me.
Borsalino Gorasgu misto maroso in a size 7. Overwelt (with blind stitching) brim at 7cm and crown 10,5cm at the center dent, unreeded sweatband. The felt goes anywhere you want it to. As with most misto felts there's likely some wool content there, but from the hand it has you wouldn't know it. For now it has the usual center dent and side pinches, but I might go for a diamond in this one. Does need a bit of steam here and there, but I couldn't wait. Chuffed!

borsalino gorasgu maroso_01.jpg
borsalino gorasgu maroso_02.jpg
borsalino gorasgu maroso_03.jpg
borsalino gorasgu maroso_04.jpg
borsalino gorasgu maroso_06.jpg
borsalino gorasgu maroso_07.jpg
borsalino gorasgu maroso_08.jpg
borsalino gorasgu maroso_09.jpg
borsalino gorasgu maroso_10.jpg
borsalino gorasgu maroso_12.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads