Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. Rmccamey

Rmccamey Call Me a Cab

A Two hat, new hat day today. First, an eBay find last week. I wanted to get it home and unwrapped before I posted this Churchill Beaver 50 OR Clone. Smooth putty like felt is very comparable to the 7XCB's I have handled but the felt is stiffer (nothing like modern hats). About as close to NOS condition as I have ever found.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  2. Rmccamey

Rmccamey Call Me a Cab

Second, a wonderful purchase from a fantastic Lounger and, in my opinion, an expert in all thing German hats - Steve @mayserwegener

A beautiful 20's/30's model Mauerer bowler from Austria. Perfect condition with a frayed bow and a wonderful pleated liner. Thank you, Steve.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

3. Rmccamey

Rmccamey Call Me a Cab

More of Steve's photos of the Josef Mauerer Hutfabrikant Wien (Vienna).

27309451930_5cdd1c3470_b.jpg 27513679151_2fca5848af_b.jpg 27552266266_352bee363f_b.jpg 27586435275_793e3ddbd5_b.jpg

4. A beauty!! Congrats!

Rmccamey, Steve1857 and M Hatman like this.
  5. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

As nice a felt as you’re gonna find Randy.
    Some of the thinnest most dense felt to be had that molds to amaze considering how firm the felt is. A very interesting hat felt and in the upper top ten hats imho. You are now in with only a handful of 50s around here. Destined to be a favorite i think.
    Enjoy!
    B
    Ps: would love to see pics out in the sunlight.

6. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

Two spectacular hats, Randy. The derby looks amazing for its age and it has all the bells and whistles that make old hats so interesting.

The Churchill is a hat I covet. The 50s and 100s are rare and sought after. I hope you can coax it to fit perfectly; you well might not see another come your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Desert dog, Blare, M Hatman and 2 others like this.
  7. Steve1857

Steve1857 I'll Lock Up

Blare and Rmccamey like this.
  8. Rmccamey

Rmccamey Call Me a Cab

Thank you, gents, I'm liking the Churchill. It is a fine felt, no doubt. I'll have to make Churchill a more frequent "search" so I don't miss another that might come along :) Windy today here but I will try to get some pics in the sunlight in the next couple of days.

Thanks all.

9. Rmccamey

Rmccamey Call Me a Cab

Thank you, Steve, the Mauerer is very nice. The sweatband is so soft and subtle I'd almost think it was new and just put on yesterday. I'm starting to get the hang of the derby hats, too.

Steve1857 and M Hatman like this.
  10. PanosChris

PanosChris A-List Customer

Congrats Randy, both are very nice and suit you very well, great score! I particularly like the Churchill, I've sent an offer to the seller for this one too and I am glad you finally got it :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Blare, steur, Rmccamey and 1 other person like this.
  11. Steve1857

Steve1857 I'll Lock Up

You certainly are, my friend. They look very good on you and you under them.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Blare and Rmccamey like this.
  12. steur

steur

Looking forward to it, Daniele:)
    The liner could have been added later of course as a replacement. It certainly has the hallmarks of and older hat and the liner seems newer to me. The shape and style of the hat remind me of the Sools hat, also of unknown origin, you once found for me (I don't wear it enough - mea culpa). Note the same tall crown, wide overwelt brim and wide ribbon.
    sools_01.jpg

13. steur

steur

Rmccamey and Steve1857 like this.
  14. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

An Adam arrived today from @Bill Hughes.

It's already been tweaked.

Some before-n-afters:

adam_20191120_163446_400x.jpg adam_20191120_164735_400x.jpg adam_20191120_163528_400x.jpg adam_20191120_164759_400x.jpg

As you can see, it had an easy diamond and a wide front pinch. I narrowed the front, and sharpened up the diamond into sort of an arrowhead diamond.

15. dh66

dh66

A fine acquisition! And you wear it well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Zombie_61 and Rmccamey like this.
  16. dh66

dh66

Zombie_61 and scottyrocks like this.
  17. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

Thank you!

Zombie_61 likes this.
  18. Blare

Blare Call Me a Cab

scottyrocks likes this.
  19. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Congrats, Randy!
    I have a couple of Beaver 50s, and I like the way you described the felt.
    My first 50 I bought from Gunloader. It was in Bowen's care, and that is why his balcony appears in the first pic. The second I got on eBay, and is stiffer still, because it's more Western.
    The last four pics are of a Churchill One Hundred that used to belong to Alan, and three pictures are his. The felt in the One Hundred is even better than the felt in the 50s, IMO, although some opine that the difference in price between a 50 and a 100 was due to the cost of the leather case.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

20. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

I still recall the first time I saw Alan’s photos of the 100. A 50 or 100 is a bucket list hat for me. The 50 I had for a couple of weeks (it was a couple sizes too small) was nicer than any of the three Stetson One-Hundreds that have passed through my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro