Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

buler

I'll Lock Up
1st Borso Today

Finally got myself a Borsalino. Its a black Torino. Very soft and super light. Cloth blue/white size tag. Non-reeded sweat. Will add more pics and details in the Borsalino Brotherhood thread later. Cav edge.

B

borso_torino_4.jpg

borso_torino_5.jpg

borso_torino_6.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Wow, rlk AND buler - you are certainly both putting together very nice collections.

Michael, I've been keeping an eye out for the right deal on a straw OR style, but never saw a Milan. That's a very good score!

GClark

One of the Regulars
My first vintage

My first vintage hat arrived today - I think I scored pretty well on this one. It looks pretty much new - no wear on the sweatband, the lining looks new. What do you all think?

Dobbs4.jpg

Dobbs2.jpg

Dobbs6.jpg

And a couple of me in it:

GCwithDobbs5.jpg

GCwithDobbs1.jpg

Two interesting things (well, to me)
It fits almost perfectly - at least as well as any new 7 3/8 I have ever tried on.
Second - I expected the felt to feel good after reading on the forum about vintage felt - and indeed it does. What I was not really expecting is the quality of the leather sweatband. It feels wonderful - the only new hats that I have that can touch it are my two VS hats, and (sorry Art) I think the Dobbs sweat is nicer. I see now what you guys are always going on about...

I have a Mallory vintage on the way. Hope that one is as good...

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Woodhouse, London, 7"

This arrived today. An English Fedora made by Woodhouse, London (anyone here with some interesting infos on that company?), it probably dates back to the 1950s/1960s. It's a 7" with a 2" 1/2 brim and 4" crown.

When I took it out of the box, I had murder in my eyes, as it looked every way as if it was run over by an 18-wheeler :eek:, but a good steaming and bashing took care of this.

There were a few stains at the back of the crown (felt and ribbon), but I carefully napthaed them out. Oh, lest I forget: the moths feasted on the lid...oh yes, they did...

Still, it's a really nice hat - moth nibbles and all - and the best thing about it: I paid only 2.35 € - that's about $3.30! :D

I'll post a noggin shot later on the WHAYWT thread.

Gentlemen, today is a really good day! :D :D

woodhouse.jpg

Dreispitz

One Too Many
GClark said:
My first vintage hat arrived today - I think I scored pretty well on this one. It looks pretty much new - no wear on the sweatband, the lining looks new. What do you all think?

Loocks great! Decent one! Looks a bit like the 70ies Theo Kojak one.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Today was a good hunt

Pretty happy with the finds today. Got 3 hats, a block, extra boxes, and some great ads. Also, I had to include a picture of the mirror/hat rack I found. I was so excited because its exactly what I was looking for. It has enough spacing to hold 8 fedoras.

Hats are:
Black Mallory Fifth Avenue - size 7
Tan/Gold "The Ridgewood" by Mallory - Style selected by Sam Snead 7 3/8
Brown Bond Executive Group 7 1/4

Found a Borsalino box for the black Borso I just picked up. The Mallory ad has a "Sportabout" that matches the grey Mallory I got recently. The block is a number 52 in size 7 1/2.

B

todays_pile.jpg

mirror_rack.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Buler the buccaneer returning from one of his successful raids... :D

I really love the rack - what a great find! The Tan/Gold Mallory also looks very appealing. I still need a lid of a similar color.

Congrats! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
One of the rare occasions when someone designed a hat rack capable of holding hats on each hook. Usually they are so close to one another that two-thirds of the hooks are useless. That bugs the tar out of me. Yours is a real winner!!

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:
One of the rare occasions when someone designed a hat rack capable of holding hats on each hook. Usually they are so close to one another that two-thirds of the hooks are useless. That bugs the tar out of me. Yours is a real winner!!

:arated:

GClark

One of the Regulars
Mario said:
Hmm...for Kojak, there is something missing...let me see...

Ah, right! Got it! Here it comes:

kojak.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D
hmm -

Thanks - I Guess. I think I'm better looking though :eek: I'll let you guys judge:

kojak.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Hat Racks that bug us ...

HarpPlayerGene said:
Usually they are so close to one another that two-thirds of the hooks are useless.

I know what you mean! and I don't get it either -

cookie

I'll Lock Up
buler said:
Also, I had to include a picture of the mirror/hat rack I found. I was so excited because its exactly what I was looking for. It has enough spacing to hold 8 fedoras.

mirror_rack.jpg

Looking at that fabulous Art Deco hat rack from an Aussie perspective - gives it a 1930s/40s era dating - what with the beaded finish and the rondel end blocks. Our middle 30s Council Chambers (municipality) has the same treatment and mouldings in its interior.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
buler said:
Pretty happy with the finds today. Got 3 hats, a block, extra boxes, and some great ads. Also, I had to include a picture of the mirror/hat rack I found. I was so excited because its exactly what I was looking for. It has enough spacing to hold 8 fedoras.

Hats are:
Black Mallory Fifth Avenue - size 7
Tan/Gold "The Ridgewood" by Mallory - Style selected by Sam Snead 7 3/8
Brown Bond Executive Group 7 1/4

Found a Borsalino box for the black Borso I just picked up. The Mallory ad has a "Sportabout" that matches the grey Mallory I got recently. The block is a number 52 in size 7 1/2.

B

Holy Cow - I wish my head were so malleable.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
He had a 1930s style mercury job done on it!

Explains a lot doesn't it!? :D

I'm thinking Buler will be having a massive ebay auction soon, and when the dust settles, he'll have a heckuva hat collection left.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
buler said:
Also, I had to include a picture of the mirror/hat rack I found. I was so excited because its exactly what I was looking for. It has enough spacing to hold 8 fedoras.

mirror_rack.jpg

Pardon me for saying, but nice rack, B.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav