Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
"New" Plantation Style Panama by Optimo

3626074226_da285e489b_b.jpg

Just picked this up yesterday from Optimo. The body was from Ecuador in the 1960's and had no sweatband and mini-cattleman crown, and the Pug came from a 1960's Stetson Panama donor I found for $2.95. Cigar Roll edge. Result is very similar to some of their $450.00 hats but cost me $85.00.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
3626074226_da285e489b_b.jpg

Just picked this up yesterday from Optimo. The body was from Ecuador in the 1960's and had no sweatband and mini-cattleman crown, and the Pug came from a 1960's Stetson Panama donor I found for $2.95. Cigar Roll edge. Result is very similar to some of their $450.00 hats but cost me $85.00.

That's $85.00 WELL SPENT! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

buler

I'll Lock Up
Yar, the plundering is done for the day maties

Up first is a Royal Stetson Whippet. Not stingy 2" bound brim. Grey/black in size 7 (No fighting Bolthead,Garrett, and Gene...)

B

whippet_2.jpg

whippet_3.jpg

whippet_1.jpg

whippet_4.jpg

whippet_5.jpg

whippet_6.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Found only 1 reference to this hat in a 2005 post

A Stetson Royal De Luxe Turf Club. Gorgeous cream color with an almost irridescent 1 1/4" ribbon with wind trolley. 2 5/8" brim! Has an underwelt with 1 stitch line and then a double stitch line just inside it. From above the brim has a cav edge look to it. Interested to hear approx date for this one. The felt feels nearly the same as my 7X CB. These pics don't capture the color correct. Its more of a tan/sand color.

B

turf_club_1.jpg

turf_club_2.jpg

turf_club_3.jpg

turf_club_4.jpg

turf_club_5.jpg

turf_club_6.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Batting 3rd is Schoble..... Schoble

Hey, a 7 1/8. My size. Nice dark brown Schoble Fomburg or Homdora. Seems like this type of hat may have been a transition between the homburg and fedora (just my thinking.... and I wanted to say Fomburg). Has a rolled up brim, but the brim and crown are pretty soft. Has the window pane rear sweat with the elastic band treatment. Also a nice 6 fold ribbon.

B

schoble_1.jpg

schoble_2.jpg

schoble_3.jpg

schoble_4.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
Very nice. Another Whippet brim on the lower side of the scale. :eusa_clap
There was a recent discussion about a 2 1/4" brim Whippet being referred to as "stingy". I commented on how Whippet dimensions seem to be less defined than we think. Your fedora is a great example.
buler said:
Up first is a Royal Stetson Whippet. Not stingy 2" bound brim. Grey/black in size 7 (No fighting Bolthead,Garrett, and Gene...)

B

whippet_2.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Very nice. Another Whippet brim on the lower side of the scale. :eusa_clap
There was a recent discussion about a 2 1/4" brim Whippet being referred to as "stingy". I commented on how Whippet dimensions seem to be less defined than we think. Your fedora is a great example.

Thats the great thing about this place. Learning. I thought the same thing when I saw that Whippet a while back. Didn't know they had smaller brimmed ones so I immediately thought "stingy" also.

B

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey, Gene. this is my second Strat. The first one is a blue/gray. They are such great lids, man. I may end up with one of every color if I can find them, then every day could be Straturday. Now I have to find another Strat box and an airplane pin.

IMG_1214.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
buler said:

Some nice snags lately, Buler -- but I especially like the Turf Club. Not one that you see very often, if at all. I think it's really interesting how an underwelt can give the appearance of a mode edge. I've got this same effect on my Mallory Nokabout. I think it's a darn good look on that Turf Club. Very nice.

Love that hat rack/mirror, as well. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RBH said:
Great Stratoliner!
Did you have a Sam for me also? :D

I had one for you and one for Jimmy and one for.....

jimmythelid said:
But, Bob -- shouldn't that be a Summer Ale?

I'm still working on the Octoberfest but I do have some White Ale. Will that do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner