Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

K5MOW

Familiar Face
30E9B87E-BA8A-4F11-8428-2863851ED042.jpeg
8208F620-7A32-435E-85C1-3A126659D03C.jpeg
9E71A3A7-C600-4463-B754-16783F535A79.jpeg
Here is my newest hat. It is the full Nelson from Hats By Grizz. Absolutely amazing hat. Very unique.

EBD42F6B-D29E-401F-A660-76D186765640.jpeg
9E71A3A7-C600-4463-B754-16783F535A79.jpeg
8208F620-7A32-435E-85C1-3A126659D03C.jpeg
30E9B87E-BA8A-4F11-8428-2863851ED042.jpeg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Let's go back to the series of orphaned hats, this time the brand is very well known
Borsalino 57 Marron 2.jpg

Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore size 5 (french point) or 57 centimeters corresponds to a 7 in the USA
Borsalino 57 Marron 4.jpg

The color of the felt is "Biber" and the type of hat is "Ecosan"
Borsalino 57 Marron 6 ala.jpg

The hat seems to come from a batch made at the turn of the 40s and the beginning of the 50s
Borsalino 57 Marron interno totale.jpg

It arrived since these days as it was made because it lack a owner
Borsalino 57 Marron interno particolare.jpg
These are the measurements: the brims edged with a very thin ribbon that takes up the color of the main one are 7 centimeters, the ribbon is a 3cm and the crown at the lowest point is 11cm.
Borsalino 57 Marron 5.jpg

The felt is of medium consistency and firm to maintain the shape that is obtained without steam
Borsalino 57 Marron 7 ala.jpg
For all the fans of the "casa di Alessandria" I left the flat brims and did some tests with the front lowered, so everyone will chose the best Borsalino profile

Let's go back to the series of orphaned hats, this time the brand is very well known
View attachment 364319
Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore size 5 (french point) or 57 centimeters corresponds to a 7 in the USA
View attachment 364320
View attachment 364321
The hat seems to come from a batch made at the turn of the 40s and the beginning of the 50s
View attachment 364322
View attachment 364323
These are the measurements: the brims edged with a very thin ribbon that takes up the color of the main one are 7 centimeters, the ribbon is a 3cm and the crown at the lowest point is 11cm.
View attachment 364324
The felt is of medium consistency and firm to maintain the shape that is obtained without steam
View attachment 364325 For all the fans of the "casa di Alessandria" I left the flat brims and did some tests with the front lowered, so everyone will chose the best Borsalino profile
Beautiful hat Daniele

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Let's give space to this other piece of history of Italian hats from the 1950s.
LaFamigliare Nero 3.jpg
It too is part of the lucky find a couple of weeks ago that shed new light on Italian hat production.
LaFamigliare Nero 1.jpg

About ten days ago we saw its older brother in brown velour.
"La Famigliare" size 57 cm. or 7 for the United States of America.
LaFamigliare Nero interno totale.jpg

This time the velvet is black, of the same consistency as his brother. The shape and finishes are the same, here we have some more information regarding the marketing of the hat produced by "La Famigliare".
LaFamigliare Nero prezzo.jpg
We find a print on the sweatband that tells us the type of hat and the retail price "Lire 134"
LaFamigliare Nero interno parziale.jpg
We found also a stamp in white that tells us more, but it is quite vanished
LaFamigliare Nero 2.jpg

The measurements for this piece in velour are as follows: the raw brim is 6 cm, the ribbon is 1.5 cm and the crown at lowest point is 10.5cm.
LaFamigliare Nero 5.jpg

The hat is very elegant and with a remarkable quality, considered "La Famigliare" it is certainly not one of the most important hat makers in Italy

Attachments

• LaFamigliare Nero marchio.jpg
    LaFamigliare Nero marchio.jpg
    760.3 KB · Views: 123

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A cargo of hats that I was waiting for arrived from Holland, but only today I was able to look at them carefully, so we conclude with this hat the presentation of the "normal" sizes of the Mantua and surrounding area find.
From tomorrow the small sizes pay attention because they will have gems available ;)
Smart 6.jpg

The hat is a typical Italian hat of the 30s or 40s starting with the black color, synonymous with elegance.
Smart 5.jpg
Felt is a blend where wool is also present and gives the surface that slight sheen found in hats of that era
Smart 4.jpg

The graphics and lettering are also attributable to the period,
Smart Interno totale.jpg

Smart Interno parziale.jpg
Smart negoziante.jpg
but, as already mentioned, it could be a hat born after the Second World War with the materials left available in Italian hats
Smart 3.jpg

"Smart" size 58 in black felt, without any other indication.
These are the measurements: the raw brims are 6.5 cm, the ribbon is 3.5 cm high. and the crown at its lowest point is 10 centimeters
Smart 1.jpg

Another vintage hat looking for a lord who wears it as well as everyone else.
I repeat the hats of this find are on sale except for one.
You ask and you will have reply:)

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I have nothing to complain with those who have a small hat size, let's say from 56 towards the small, but yesterday and today classifying and photographing these hats I was envious.
Barbisio Talpa 1.JPG

Barbisio "Nuove Creazioni - Qualità Extra Extra" size 55 cm or a 6 7/8 in US.
Barbisio Talpa 2.JPG
The color of the heather felt is "Talpa" which is finished with medium hair, very malleable.
Barbisio Talpa 3.JPG
As its bigger brothers it arrived new after all these years
Barbisio Talpa interno totale.JPG

A rare stamp of the brand in the lining for this luxurius hat
Barbisio Talpa interno parziale.JPG
It seems designed by someone outside the fashion sector of Barbisio
Barbisio Talpa Licom.JPG
The classic logo on the sweatband
Barbisio Talpa barbisio marocchino.JPG
The measurements are as follows: the brims sewn above are 6cm, the ribbon is 4cm high, the bow is amazing and the lowest point of the crown is 11cm.
Barbisio Talpa 4.JPG

It is a hat that has colors, shape and bow of rare beauty.
Some signs of moths for a missed opportunity
Barbisio Talpa 5.JPG

All small sizes are sold at rock bottom prices :rolleyes:

I have nothing to complain with those who have a small hat size, let's say from 56 towards the small, but yesterday and today classifying and photographing these hats I was envious.
View attachment 364857
View attachment 364858 The color of the heather felt is "Talpa" which is finished with medium hair, very malleable.
View attachment 364859 As its bigger brothers it arrived new after all these years
View attachment 364862
View attachment 364863
View attachment 364864
View attachment 364865
The measurements are as follows: the brims sewn above are 6cm, the ribbon is 4cm high, the bow is amazing and the lowest point of the crown is 11cm.
View attachment 364867
View attachment 364869
wonderful color on that long hair and beautiful ribbon.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I consider lucky those who can easily or almost easily wear small sizes.
Record 1.JPG

The hat is black and certainly made many years ago, I'd say a hundred or so.
Record 6.JPG

The brand is a mystery because there are no other indications.
Record interno totale.JPG

"Record" size 54 centimeters or a 6 3/4 in US.
Record 2.JPG

Felt is a blend that also contains wool and has that touch that very few hats have today.
Lettering and stamp of brands have an ancient form
Record interno parziale.JPG
The measurements are as follows: the brims edged with a minimal black ribbon are 7cm, the ribbon is 5cm high, the bow is amazing and the highest point of the open crown is 13cm.
Record 5.JPG

Like other French found this year, it goes on the list of black hats to love.
It is a hat that is the example in Europe of elegance in a distant period. Difficult to remain indifferent, shape and bow of rare beauty
Record 4.JPG

It arrived in excellent condition and still having it in my hands I ask who can made it

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
How can I present a hat that I saw in the dim light of a parking lot in a gigantic mall and I ardently hoped it was my size, hands touching it revealed the drama
Borsalino Misto Volga 1.JPG
Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore size 3 1/2 or 54 centimeters a 6 3/4 in US.
Borsalino Misto Volga 3.JPG

Felt is a blend that also contains wool and has that touch that made Borsalino a master in mixed felts
Borsalino Misto Volga 2.JPG

The felt is "Mixed Volga" and the hat type is "Celesti"
Borsalino Misto Volga interno totale.JPG
Simple and excellently made, let's say about ninety years ago because it has the same components as some Borsalinos sold in Eastern Europe and in Germany before the Second World War
Borsalino Misto Volga interno parziale.JPG
Borsalino Misto Volga negoziante e taglia.JPG
It is one of my favorites of this Mantova find
The measurements are as follows: the rough brim is 7cm, the ribbon is 2cm high, the highest point of the open crown is 12 centimeters.
Borsalino Misto Volga 4.JPG
Every now and then someone over the years has asked me what my favorite hats are, here is one
Borsalino Misto Volga 6.JPG

Small size man what a lucky day ;)

Last edited:
How can I present a hat that I saw in the dim light of a parking lot in a gigantic mall and I ardently hoped it was my size, hands touching it revealed the drama
View attachment 364893 Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore size 3 1/2 or 54 centimeters a 6 3/4 in US.
View attachment 364898
Felt is a blend that also contains wool and has that touch that made Borsalino a master in mixed felts
View attachment 364899
The felt is "Mixed Volga" and the hat type is "Celestial"
View attachment 364901 Simple and excellently made, let's say about ninety years ago because it has the same components as some Borsalinos sold in Eastern Europe and in Germany before the Second World War
View attachment 364902
View attachment 364904
The measurements are as follows: the rough brim with a minimal black ribbon is 7cm, the ribbon is 2cm high, the highest point of the open crown is 12 centimeters.
View attachment 364905 Every now and then someone over the years has asked me what my favorite hats are, here is one
View attachment 364908
A wonderful parade of excellent Italian hatmaking. All of them deserve to find a good home.

View attachment 364319
View attachment 364320
View attachment 364321
View attachment 364322
View attachment 364323
View attachment 364324
View attachment 364325 For all the fans of the "casa di Alessandria" I left the flat brims and did some tests with the front lowered, so everyone will chose the best Borsalino profile

This parade of beautiful hats is why I missed being on the lounge so much. This made my morning. All I see on FB is crappy modern hats with the brims up in the air :confused:

Let's give space to this other piece of history of Italian hats from the 1950s.
View attachment 364350 It too is part of the lucky find a couple of weeks ago that shed new light on Italian hat production.
View attachment 364351
About ten days ago we saw its older brother in brown velour.
"La Famigliare" size 57 cm. or 7 for the United States of America.
View attachment 364353
This time the velvet is black, of the same consistency as his brother. The shape and finishes are the same, here we have some more information regarding the marketing of the hat produced by "La Famigliare".
View attachment 364355
We find a print on the sweatband that tells us the type of hat and the retail price "Lire 134"
View attachment 364357
We found also a stamp in white that tells us more, but it is quite vanished
View attachment 364360
The measurements for this piece in velour are as follows: the raw brim is 6 cm, the ribbon is 1.5 cm and the crown at lowest point is 10.5cm.
View attachment 364362
The hat is very elegant and with a remarkable quality, considered "La Famigliare" it is certainly not one of the most important hat makers in Italy

A cargo of hats that I was waiting for arrived from Holland, but only today I was able to look at them carefully, so we conclude with this hat the presentation of the "normal" sizes of the Mantua and surrounding area find.
From tomorrow the small sizes pay attention because they will have gems available ;)
View attachment 364478
The hat is a typical Italian hat of the 30s or 40s starting with the black color, synonymous with elegance.
View attachment 364480 Felt is a blend where wool is also present and gives the surface that slight sheen found in hats of that era
View attachment 364481
The graphics and lettering are also attributable to the period,
View attachment 364489
View attachment 364490
View attachment 364493
but, as already mentioned, it could be a hat born after the Second World War with the materials left available in Italian hats
View attachment 364496
"Smart" size 58 in black felt, without any other indication.
These are the measurements: the raw brims are 6.5 cm, the ribbon is 3.5 cm high. and the crown at its lowest point is 10 centimeters
View attachment 364500
Another vintage hat looking for a lord who wears it as well as everyone else.
I repeat the hats of this find are on sale except for one.
You ask and you will have reply:)

View attachment 364857
View attachment 364858 The color of the heather felt is "Talpa" which is finished with medium hair, very malleable.
View attachment 364859 As its bigger brothers it arrived new after all these years
View attachment 364862
View attachment 364863
View attachment 364864
View attachment 364865
View attachment 364867
View attachment 364869

I consider lucky those who can easily or almost easily wear small sizes.
View attachment 364873
The hat is black and certainly made many years ago, I'd say a hundred or so.
View attachment 364875
The brand is a mystery because there are no other indications.
View attachment 364876
"Record" size 54 centimeters or a 6 3/4 in US.
View attachment 364880
Felt is a blend that also contains wool and has that touch that very few hats have today.
Lettering and stamp of brands have an ancient form
View attachment 364882
The measurements are as follows: the brims edged with a minimal black ribbon are 7cm, the ribbon is 5cm high, the bow is amazing and the highest point of the open crown is 13cm.
View attachment 364884
Like other French found this year, it goes on the list of black hats to love.
It is a hat that is the example in Europe of elegance in a distant period. Difficult to remain indifferent, shape and bow of rare beauty
View attachment 364886
It arrived in excellent condition and still having it in my hands I ask who can made it

View attachment 364893 Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore size 3 1/2 or 54 centimeters a 6 3/4 in US.
View attachment 364898
View attachment 364899
The felt is "Mixed Volga" and the hat type is "Celestial"
View attachment 364901 Simple and excellently made, let's say about ninety years ago because it has the same components as some Borsalinos sold in Eastern Europe and in Germany before the Second World War
View attachment 364902
View attachment 364904
The measurements are as follows: the rough brim with a minimal black ribbon is 7cm, the ribbon is 2cm high, the highest point of the open crown is 12 centimeters.
View attachment 364905 Every now and then someone over the years has asked me what my favorite hats are, here is one
View attachment 364908

Douglas Parker Hats with a Whippet vibe. 2 1/2” brim and substantial felt. US size 7 1/8:

582B20B5-5C15-4EEF-B406-76914BB9FB02.jpeg
D67C6B83-4142-4708-AD23-ACCF4F6670FA.jpeg
316D09B4-34AA-442C-9229-CE79F5CC618B.jpeg
AD8D8EF7-C013-449E-874C-61328F1A825E.jpeg
F1BC60F8-4FE7-44F1-9C05-BB737B937ACD.jpeg
D6D7A52D-5D1F-4F81-8717-B53AE5B8EA27.jpeg
E05F3F75-93F7-42F4-85D9-7C805F365AFE.jpeg
4494CAE2-0E75-4A9A-9944-AFFEA6DA1D85.jpeg

This was sold to me as a Lee in 7 3/8. The only thing that’s Lee is the box and 7 1/8 is not 7 3/8 (even I can figure out that kind of math).

I’m returning the hat to the seller, but if anyone here wants it I could cancel the return. $65 shipped to the contiguous US. Send me a PM if interested.

UPDATE: this hat has found a new home.

Last edited:
Douglas Parker with a Whippet vibe. 2 1/2” brim and substantial felt. US size 7 1/8:

View attachment 365021 View attachment 365022 View attachment 365023 View attachment 365025 View attachment 365026 View attachment 365027 View attachment 365028 View attachment 365029

This was sold to me as a Lee in 7 3/8. The only thing that’s Lee is the box and 7 1/8 is not 7 3/8 (even I can figure out that kind of math).

I’m returning the hat to the seller, but if anyone here wants it I could cancel the return. $65 shipped to the contiguous US. Send me a PM if interested.
Really nice with the contrast between the ribbon and the binding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB