Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. Wowza! Congrats on a great find Jonathan. So much to like with that one.

TheOldFashioned, Blare and Zombie_61 like this.
  2. Mighty44

Mighty44 Familiar Face

In Monopoly terms, this would be Sizing Error in Your Favor. Thank you Brent @deadlyhandsome for passing on this Douglas Parker hat. It's not a fancy hat but it's a beauty and perfect for an early fall day -- the sunlight really makes the colors pop. Cheers! IMG_1214.jpg

Attached Files:

3. Looks good on you, David!

Zombie_61, Blare and Mighty44 like this.
  4. FedoraRedHat

FedoraRedHat Familiar Face

I got my Stetson Saxon Midnight back from JJ Hat Center with a hat band change. I asked the staff to style the band like the Stetson Saxon hatband. The band change quality is top notch. Here are some photos:

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

The 1-5/8" ribbon is the same length as the ribbon for the standard Stetson Saxon. The Stetson pin and feather are mine. Overall, I am extremely pleased on how the hat turned out. I would definitely use their services again if I needed.

steur, Redfokker, BobHufford and 8 others like this.
  5. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

It is a lovely hat and looks excellent on you. I really like the contrasting ribbon and binding. Well done Brent in finding this one a proper home.

Redfokker, Zombie_61 and Mighty44 like this.
  6. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Came out great. I love the contrast with the feather.

BobHufford and Zombie_61 like this.
  7. Snowman

Snowman A-List Customer

Love that shade of green (and I don’t really like green).

Redfokker, Blare, Zombie_61 and 2 others like this.
  8. Snowman

Snowman A-List Customer

I was fortunate to acquire these two pristine specimens this weekend (after I had decided I need not acquire any more hats). Both are in mint condition, with little, perhaps no wear. Both were photographed right out of the box. I’ll post more in the appropriate threads (after steaming and bashing the Strat).

Champ Featherweight
    3B35D43C-86E6-4E71-A917-39B0742146DF.jpeg 0ED3BBA0-F8FB-4495-A6A3-B4B5D14C63E1.jpeg

Stetson Stratoliner
    2DC969B6-EF60-4685-B05D-9FFFB3A5781E.jpeg 4BC62F00-1DC3-4C71-8319-216615B43626.jpeg

9. ^ Nice Strat! One of these days the right Stratoliner will come along for the right price, and I shall own one. I'd like mine to have the little airplane pin though. :D I don't usually care for such adornments, but that pin is kinda' cool.

10. Snowman

Snowman A-List Customer

Thank you, sir! I had been looking for a gray Stetson (my wife said no more of those “tan” ones needed, meaning silver belly and the like) and this one fit the bill. Just a bit more than I would normally pay, but well worth the price. I actually have one of the airplane pins that someone had put on another not-a-Strat, so I may put it on here.

Redfokker, Zombie_61 and Blare like this.
  11. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Two fine additions Snow!

Redfokker and Snowman like this.
  12. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned One Too Many

Thanks, Ross. What part of Detroit metro? My family lived in Farmington and Milford before moving back "home" to the UP when I was six. Even after that we'd spend summers down there as my dad was an independent contractor working in the auto industry. I spent one summer in an apartment in Plymouth and another summer in a campground in Wixom, so I've been all over down there.

Great snag on that Stetson Nutria by the way.

I agree. Sometimes less is more.

Thanks, Alan, for the kind words, as well as all your wonderful contributions that allowed to me to BIN this the moment I saw it.

For sure, Brent! I've admired and often envied those fortunate to wear smaller sizes. Only took me three years to snag something in my size, but well worth the wait.

Perhaps one step closer, but Justin (@splintercellsz) will always be the time traveler.

13. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned One Too Many

This is a great combination, Daniele. Fleur definitely has an eye and a hand for creating a wonderful hat.

I call this a good weekend. Congrats!

14. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto My Mail is Forwarded Here

This was a 30% formed felt cone from Borsalino
    Borsa Fleur Hom 2.JPG
    The shape of the crown was oval and indefinite, a white spot was on the edge of the felt. Nothing exceptional also because it had been very hardened with the stiff.
    Borsa Fleur HOM 5.JPG The midnight blue color along with a deep gray was what interested me most
    Borsa Fleur HOM 4.JPG
    We discussed with Fleur and planned a homburg or lobbia with a contrasting ribbon to liven up the ensemble
    Panna Borsa Pen Penumbra.JPG
    This is the result.
    Borsa Fleur HOM 7.JPG
    Penumbra Hat Co. size 59.5 cm or a slightly large size 7 3/8 in the USA. The measurements are as follows: curled brims and finished with the ribbon only externally measure 5.5 cm, the ribbon with an excellent bow measures 3.8 cm. and the crown at its maximum point is 12.5 centimeters.
    Borsa Fleur HOM 6.JPG
    Felt is very light and malleable for finger-only shape.
    I am particularly satisfied because it is the first homburg that I have ordered to made ex novo, having many of them I have been able to appreciate it in direct comparisons.
    Borsa Fleur HOM 8.JPG
    It is a "different" than the traditional ones.

Attached Files:

15. Ross Young

Ross Young Practically Family

Dang that really is all over, I was born in Waterford and was raised in west Bloomfield. My parents moved to out of the area about 15 years ago, so they’re settled in Ludington while the remaining family has been in Grand Rapids for years. My mom was the only one of her family of 8 siblings to leave GR, my dad is from downtown Detroit and worked for Chrysler for many years.

16. steur

steur

Impossible to say no to these. Great find.

Zombie_61, Blare, Snowman and 2 others like this.
  17. steur

steur

Great colours and super brim curve.

18. new2hats

new2hats One of the Regulars

Received my first batch of RCH customs. Randall did a stunning job of restoring these puppies to new life. Love the ribbons and bows on both. My first rolled brim, campaign bow on the western. My finest hats yet!

Attached Files:

19. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Beautiful.. Randall did a fantastic job.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  20. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Got in a couple short brim hats at 7 1/4 a bit too large for me.

Adam Hats - Wale - 7 1/4
    Slate colored felt
    5 inch crown open - About 4 3/8 as shaped
    1 5/8 grosgrain ribbon
    1 3/4 brim with overwelt

Overall very nice shape a couple tiny dimples on the top of the brim and one track towards the rear on the underside of the brim.

4A61DFA7-646C-4F52-825F-50F5AD3591B1.jpeg BB2C6D1A-B6B9-4346-A566-48DB9FE50546.jpeg AA12837E-19B0-40C5-B2E7-CF281B8ECBC8.jpeg 3A96DBA4-3B37-41E5-89C6-4F83C20C23B9.jpeg FF814186-6EFC-4CBE-8E50-A453EFF4B634.jpeg 9ED5CB5F-1B73-4ED8-8AB1-072EC0E96139.jpeg D413ABD9-B561-4CD2-B023-9D311CC106A9.jpeg 4B13419E-CD42-4D69-897F-52BC6E7C96F4.jpeg A7F73B2F-E681-4C42-9FD0-5982C6BCFEA3.jpeg 260D9D6A-3117-4711-822A-72A3C43448AF.jpeg