Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. Green Shudde Bros. western. No size, but it measures out as a 7 1/8 to 7 1/4. The brim is a generous 4 1/4” wide. Cowboy he crown is 3 3/4” as creased and 5 1/2” open. It has a nice hand, dense and thin felt, and I really like the green color. It will be a donor felt for a future custom.

516B8F62-7940-4BC9-875D-D964F74E0CF1.jpeg A08EBB03-A7A2-4E4A-8BD5-CB1D3016C26D.jpeg 6AD05A96-7DB4-43C8-9B24-16B78172C4E3.jpeg 2F0CEB1B-4FF5-4771-B9AD-3F82640B5584.jpeg

steur, Pellie, Snowman and 11 others like this.
  2. Rumad

Rumad One Too Many

Interesting crease on that one. I really dig the color, can’t wait to see what you do with it.

3. It’s a nice forest green. The crease is actually quite practical too.

E2C81B7D-DE85-4F0A-B24D-3E01FEFFC975.jpeg

4. ^^^^^ Don't look down Brent ... :eek:

This was a local find that popped into my FaceBook feed after the recent outage. I didn't offer less than the $20 ask and I did not mind the 6:00 am response from the seller "binging" my phone.

Stetson_Whipper_Leavitts_Houston.JPG

It had been up for a couple of days so I was happy to have my foot in the door first. The seller worked in the town closest to us and my wife didn't mind meeting up to make the deal while I was stuck at work. Unfortunately it fits like my other 7-3/8 Whippet (... it doesn't fit). Both will be up on the 'Bay soon. I'd like to keep this one just for the local store connection, but "Whippet Money" outweighs that.

The hat appears grey indoors, but has a green tint outdoors.

IMG-1162.JPG

IMG-1163.JPG

IMG-1164.JPG

Shame about the taped liner discoloration.

IMG-1165.JPG

IMG-1166.JPG

IMG-1167.JPG

IMG-1168.JPG

At least the Bee Hats box is a keeper.

IMG-1169.JPG

IMG-1170.JPG

5. I have a hat stretcher attached to a 20 ton bottle jack…we’ll have it fitting in no time.

Great condition on that woman’s hat. ;)

Blare, Zombie_61, Rmccamey and 2 others like this.
  6. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Style and function. What more can you ask.

Zombie_61, Rumad and deadlyhandsome like this.
  7. Rumad

Rumad One Too Many

LOL

Zombie_61 likes this.
  8. Rumad

Rumad One Too Many

MAN, that’s a beauty! Damn shame it doesn’t fit, I really like that one Bob.

Zombie_61, Blare and BobHufford like this.
  9. Snowman

Snowman A-List Customer

Just arrived - Peters Brothers hemp Milan. I was correct about the advertised 6 7/8 being wrong; it is more like a 7 1/4. I’m pretty sure I can make it work though. The hat is like new, I really like it, and I don’t want to give it up. @deadlyhandsome, will the brim respond to steam? It’s a bit wonky from shipping.
    AC8ADAA8-D4B6-40DF-BB31-6525DCCE4FC2.jpeg 81149CD0-868A-4045-A474-A66B2CF5A908.jpeg B108B8BF-6FDE-451D-8EEF-989E08ADB681.jpeg E3A50BE2-3FF3-4B42-BB62-62AAE8701906.jpeg

10. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Zombie_61 likes this.
  11. Bill Hughes

Bill Hughes Call Me a Cab

I have the twin brother to your Peter Bros. It responds to steam - no problem.

12. As Bill said, it does well with steam. You should be able to reshape it without any problems.

Blare, Snowman and Zombie_61 like this.
  13. Snowman

Snowman A-List Customer

Thanks, gentlemen. It is a bit stiffer than I expected, but the brim is malleable. After a couple of hours out of the box, it looks much better. I may work it with a little steam before wearing. We are really past official straw season here, but I might get a warm afternoon…

14. Mine’s very stiff too. It will mellow over time, but it’s nothing at all like vintage Milan nor is it anything like what Optimo or VS makes (made). It reminds me of Stratton’s Milan uniform hats.

Blare and Snowman like this.
  15. Blue Tick Hound

Blue Tick Hound New in Town

Just in from Australia, a Campdraft in Bluegrass Green.
    upload_2021-10-9_15-44-16.png

I already have the urge to buy the other Campdraft colors. :D

This is a 61, and I already have it on the stretcher. I might get a 62 next time. I have a Fed IV size 61, and it fits, so it'll probably be OK once it's broken in a little.

16. Snowman

Snowman A-List Customer

Welcome to the Lounge. Nice looking hat. I don’t own an Akubra (yet - we always preface with “yet”), but I have seen other comments that they run a tad small and break in well with wear. I hope that’s the case for you.

Blare, Rumad and deadlyhandsome like this.
  17. Nothing wrong with that.

[​IMG]

Obviously, I've chosen not to own one in Black. :cool:

18. steur

steur

They keep flooding in it seems, Joe. Nice additions.

Zombie_61 and Blare like this.
  19. Blue Tick Hound

Blue Tick Hound New in Town

Thanks, Snowman and Zombie_61.

It's better today. Apparently I'm a narrower oval than I thought. The hat is pressing above my eyebrows, like a tension headache. When I press in on the sides, I can tell it'll be fine with a little more wear.

Blare, deadlyhandsome and Zombie_61 like this.
  20. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto My Mail is Forwarded Here

This Borsalino "Vivax" was, together with another, branded and ready for use among the "experimental" purchased a few years ago
    Vivax 6.jpg
    The ribbon was unwatchable and truly awful. The stylist had tried to make the hat a strange object and also the felt had suffered damage in the processing
    Vivax 4.jpg
    Like the "Panna" one (showed some days ago), the felt of the hat is very light. It is a heather green with light green inserts and extreme malleability
    Vivax 3.jpg
    It has been changed the ribbon and chosen a bow seen on a Panizza. The color of the ribbon is the closest to that, very thin, that borders the brims
    Vivax interno totale.jpg
    Borsalino Qualità Superiore size 6 1/2 or 60 cm. or 7 1/2 in the US.
    Vivax 7.jpg
    The measures of this Borsalino are: edged brim at 6.5 cm, the ribbon is 4 cm high and the height of the crown at its minimum point is 10.5 cm.
    Vivax 1.jpg
    This is another excellent intervention by Fleur (a thumbs up for her) that gave a better look to this hat, very ugly in its original version.