Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pellie

One Too Many
You should be, Marcel. Those Brummel's are great hats. I find people sell hats from inheritances or clean outs because they have no use for them and don't want to bother looking them up. Fine by me; I'll buy hats like this for 9 euro all day long.
I don't think Brummel's survived the mid-sixties onslaught among hatters very long. Both the style and the cloth crown patch indeed point towards the fifties for this one. Very nice! I love the curl of the brim. You should post it in the Beneluxury thread as well.
Thanks Stefan for the information.
I will also post this one in the Beneluxury. :)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
The third of the three hats I recently bought from Daniele. Barbisio Qualitá Extra. I fell for this one as soon as I saw Daniele's photos of it. As he takes much better photos than me, I've attached a link below. You can also read Daniele's description of it.
Needless to say, I'm so pleased with this bold and elegant hat.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/barbisio-brothers.37413/page-26#post-2846225

20211127_124434.jpg 20211127_124436.jpg

The third of the three hats I recently bought from Daniele. Barbisio Qualitá Extra. I fell for this one as soon as I saw Daniele's photos of it. As he takes much better photos than me, I've attached a link below. You can also read Daniele's description of it.
Needless to say, I'm so pleased with this bold and elegant hat.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/barbisio-brothers.37413/page-26#post-2846225

View attachment 382472 View attachment 382473
What a beautiful and uncommon hat. Congratulations Steve.

StoryPNW

Practically Family
Yesterday was a first for me, a two hat day. I bought them at seperate times but they both showed up today. First is my new vintage Stetson 3x Beaver, beautiful felt, it does have a couple little tiny rough spots. The liner is beautiful too though.
20211127_124101.jpg

20211127_124158.jpg

The next is an Akubra Mexican, the brim on this is a quite large 3 5/8. It arrived kinda mashed and needs some steam and the crown rebashed. But it's not like any other hat I have.

20211127_124225.jpg

20211127_124239.jpg

20211127_124244.jpg

Yesterday was a first for me, a two hat day. I bought them at seperate times but they both showed up today. First is my new vintage Stetson 3x Beaver, beautiful felt, it does have a couple little tiny rough spots. The liner is beautiful too though.
View attachment 382690

View attachment 382691

The next is an Akubra Mexican, the brim on this is a quite large 3 5/8. It arrived kinda mashed and needs some steam and the crown rebashed. But it's not like any other hat I have.

View attachment 382692

View attachment 382693

View attachment 382694
Two great new additions. Enjoy!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 382690

View attachment 382691

View attachment 382692

View attachment 382693

View attachment 382694

Two nice catches. Two very different styles. Eclectic is the way to go with a hat collection.
Congrats PNW.

3X cowboy hat. 4 x 5 3/4. Thin dense felt. I opened up the crown to precipitate cleaning but needs a gas bath.
Current shape.
View attachment 382742
I'm not normally a big fan of western hats, they're just not my thing. But every once in a while one comes along that catches my attention, and that hat right there is the one for today. Great shape, and it suits you right down to the ground Bama!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
When it appeared on the market, I checked my conscience, asking myself: how many black velour hats did you have in your hands without them being your size?
Gran Qualità 1.jpg
I was, however, attracted to a black velour hat made by a Milanese hatter I had never heard of.
Gran Qualità 3.jpg
Usually these are hats that were produced in Central Europe. This is a rarity because it has a very dense and well woven felt (probably sourced from Central Europe market) and a first-rate craftsmanship.
Gran Qualità 5.jpg

No other indication other than a mark that I saw in a couple of hats found in Mantua "Qualità Extra" printed in gold on a sweatband with bas-relief inserts.
Gran Qualità Extra.jpg
The internal measurements of this "Gran Lusso - lavorazione speciale a mano - Facchini - Milano" are 19x16.4 which corresponds to a size of approximately 56 cm.
Gran Qualità Interno.jpg

As you see the lining is sewed with the sweatband, this is the first time I see this finish on an Italian hat from the Twenty or Thirty
Gran Qualità 8.jpg

The measurements of this beauty are: raw brim at 5.5cm, the ribbon is 5cm high. and the crown at its lowest point is 10.5 cm.
Gran Qualità A.jpg

For those who want to take it home, just write to me in private

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB