Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Severino fedora in grey (I'd say pearl colour). Size 56 with the brim at 6,5cm and the crown at 11,5cm at the center dent. This hat was a store brand name. Couldn't find anything about the Severino shop in San Remo though. This is an older one with the name as "Flli Severino" (should be short for "fratelli" Severino). The other hats from the same seller have the retailers name as "Francesco Severino". The felt of this hat is a bit rough and it has woolcontent at least if it isn't a complete woolfelt. The crown is incredibly soft and likely has very little shellac in it, if at all. The brim has a very interesting finish which I haven't seen anywhere before. It has a very fine cerrated edge, which isn't stitched. Very odd. Likely forties judging by the styling, but could be pre-war.

severino_01.jpg

severino_02.jpg

severino_03.jpg

severino_04.jpg

severino_05.jpg

severino_06.jpg

severino_07.jpg

severino_08.jpg

severino_09.jpg

severino_10.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino stingy fedora in green. Overwelt brim at almost 5cm and the crown at 10cm at the center dent. No label inside the hat. Well made hat, but to my eye the late sixties or seventies styling feels dated. And it's green; so not a keeper.

borsalino verde_09.jpg

borsalino verde_10.jpg

borsalino verde_11.jpg

borsalino verde_12.jpg

borsalino verde_14.jpg

borsalino verde_15.jpg

borsalino verde_16.jpg

borsalino verde_17.jpg

borsalino verde_18.jpg
Very late 60s / early 70s look to it, as you say, Stefan. I think more vintage look than dated :)
Great felt and ribbon colour.

Borsalino fedora in misto fronda (fern), which is a colour we haven't seen before. Always nice to add yet another colour to the vast Borsalino spectrum. Size 56 with the overwelt brim at 5cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. This one has a fuller crown and the pictures don't really do justice to the colourful felt. Weighs 103 grams and like the other one also a qualitá extra finissima. Also not a keeper. PM me if you're interested.

borsalino misto fronda_09.jpg

borsalino misto fronda_11.jpg

borsalino misto fronda_12.jpg

borsalino misto fronda_13.jpg

borsalino misto fronda_15.jpg

borsalino misto fronda_16.jpg

borsalino misto fronda_17.jpg

borsalino misto fronda_18.jpg

borsalino misto fronda_19.jpg

borsalino misto fronda_20.jpg

Borsalino Celesca in light brown. There is writing on the label with two words. The first one is Col (so Colore), but I can't make out what the second word should be. Size 56 with the raw edge brim at 5,5cm and the center dent at 9cm. Lovely hand to the thin felt and the hat weighs only 89 grams. Also a qualitá extra finissima. This one is a keeper.

borsalino celesca_01.jpg

borsalino celesca_02.jpg

borsalino celesca_03.jpg

borsalino celesca_04.jpg

borsalino celesca_05.jpg

borsalino celesca_06.jpg

borsalino celesca_07.jpg

borsalino celesca_08.jpg

borsalino celesca_09.jpg

borsalino celesca_10.jpg

I promised you this one when I posted it first in the "what hat are you waiting for" thread. So here it is.
Berteil fedora in ardoise (slate) colour. It was sold to me as blue, which it is not, but in certain light it does have some strong blue tones. Not a big deal: the colour is lovely. Size 56 with the raw edge brim at 6cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. The felt has a wonderful hand but it is somewhat thicker than my other Berteil hats and it weighs 118 grams. The styling and proportions have "Borsalino" all over it, but it is the other way around of course. Berteil was first and taught Guiseppe Borsalino how to do it properly. He paid attention.

berteil ardoise_1.jpg

berteil ardoise_2.jpg

berteil ardoise_3.jpg

berteil ardoise_4.jpg

berteil ardoise_5.jpg

berteil ardoise_6.jpg

berteil ardoise_7.jpg

berteil ardoise_8.jpg

berteil ardoise_9.jpg

berteil.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I promised you this one when I posted it first in the "what hat are you waiting for" thread. So here it is.
Berteil fedora in ardoise (slate) colour. It was sold to me as blue, which it is not, but in certain light it does have some strong blue tones. Not a big deal: the colour is lovely. Size 56 with the raw edge brim at 6cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. The felt has a wonderful hand but it is somewhat thicker than my other Berteil hats and it weighs 118 grams. The styling and proportions have "Borsalino" all over it, but it is the other way around of course. Berteil was first and taught Guiseppe Borsalino how to do it properly. He paid attention.

berteil ardoise_1.jpg

berteil ardoise_2.jpg

berteil ardoise_3.jpg

berteil ardoise_4.jpg

berteil ardoise_5.jpg

berteil ardoise_6.jpg

berteil ardoise_7.jpg

berteil ardoise_8.jpg

berteil ardoise_9.jpg

berteil.jpg
Drool! Nice addition to the collection, Stefan.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

berteil ardoise_1.jpg

berteil ardoise_2.jpg

berteil ardoise_3.jpg

berteil ardoise_4.jpg

berteil ardoise_5.jpg

berteil ardoise_6.jpg

berteil ardoise_7.jpg

berteil ardoise_8.jpg

berteil ardoise_9.jpg

berteil.jpg
Perfection

Speaking of inexpensive old hats. This one finally made it after the auction house forgot to ship it with another lot of hats that I bought. This one is not close to my size (it's a 7-1/8 with the three cell red label -- I'll need to condition the sweat band to get a pic and check the lot number). I'll just enjoy having it.

View attachment 405307

View attachment 405308

View attachment 405309

View attachment 405310

View attachment 405311

View attachment 405312

View attachment 405313

View attachment 405314

View attachment 405315

View attachment 405316
Cool finds, both of them, Bob. My vote goes to this one though.

Perfection
Thank you, Bowen. No bells and whistles, but they just got everything right.

Speaking of inexpensive old hats. This one finally made it after the auction house forgot to ship it with another lot of hats that I bought. This one is not close to my size (it's a 7-1/8 with the three cell red label -- I'll need to condition the sweat band to get a pic and check the lot number). I'll just enjoy having it.

View attachment 405307

View attachment 405308

View attachment 405309

View attachment 405310

View attachment 405311

View attachment 405312

View attachment 405313

View attachment 405314

View attachment 405315

View attachment 405316
Heck yeah!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Severino fedora in grey (I'd say pearl colour). Size 56 with the brim at 6,5cm and the crown at 11,5cm at the center dent. This hat was a store brand name. Couldn't find anything about the Severino shop in San Remo though. This is an older one with the name as "Flli Severino" (should be short for "fratelli" Severino). The other hats from the same seller have the retailers name as "Francesco Severino". The felt of this hat is a bit rough and it has woolcontent at least if it isn't a complete woolfelt. The crown is incredibly soft and likely has very little shellac in it, if at all. The brim has a very interesting finish which I haven't seen anywhere before. It has a very fine cerrated edge, which isn't stitched. Very odd. Likely forties judging by the styling, but could be pre-war.

severino_01.jpg

severino_02.jpg

severino_03.jpg

severino_04.jpg

severino_05.jpg

severino_06.jpg

severino_07.jpg

severino_08.jpg

severino_09.jpg

severino_10.jpg

Borsalino Celesca in light brown. There is writing on the label with two words. The first one is Col (so Colore), but I can't make out what the second word should be. Size 56 with the raw edge brim at 5,5cm and the center dent at 9cm. Lovely hand to the thin felt and the hat weighs only 89 grams. Also a qualitá extra finissima. This one is a keeper.

borsalino celesca_01.jpg

borsalino celesca_02.jpg

borsalino celesca_03.jpg

borsalino celesca_04.jpg

borsalino celesca_05.jpg

borsalino celesca_06.jpg

borsalino celesca_07.jpg

borsalino celesca_08.jpg

borsalino celesca_09.jpg

borsalino celesca_10.jpg
I love the "summer" colors of those felts, Stefan.

Echter Borsalino "Sandurbar", Point 6 1/2, Open Crown 16 cm 6 1/4 inches, Brim 7 cm 2 3/4 inches, possibly late 1920s early 1930s. The "Ossido" color Felt is of medium weight, has a very soft hand and easily hand creases. There was a Wind Cord at one time and the Crown Tip Patch is missing but there are some glue remnants. I searched "Sandurbar" and it appears to be a port in the Western India State of Goa on the Arabian Sea. I think the name is out dated because there were only a few mentions and they were from the early 1900s.

51905742148_aa9c05abef_h.jpg

51906274090_0935ffb2fd_h.jpg

Can see faint remnants of the Crown Tip Patch.

51905684716_f30909c2eb_h.jpg

51906004394_2b08655d62_h.jpg

51905691946_b275b50a66_h.jpg

51906012564_78d5639459_h.jpg

The Paper Label is Type 1 but small in size 5 cm X 1 cm.

51906255230_2aa2f66bb6_h.jpg

Open Crown

51906279845_109124fa40_h.jpg

51904675112_81f36d6ad4_h.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner