Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Hi,

Thought it was about time I joined this fine site! Over the years I have read the forum pages. Just wanted to thank everyone on here for the vast amount of information.

welcome_to_the_jc27bb.0.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
For the series Oddities Made Hat: a Barbisio in sculpted felt
Verde rilievo Barbisio A.jpg

This strange felt hat and its trimming has a love story to tell. I was fascinated by its peculiarity and the seller told me her story
Verde rilievo Barbisio 9a.jpg
It belonged to the grandfather of the person who sold it to me and had been given to him by his father when he came to northern Italy to work. Ours, then a boy, came from Naples and the Barbisio served to cover him from the rain and mists
Verde rilievo Barbisio 6.jpg
He was forgotten on the train at the Naples station and a girl picked it up and brought him back to the young man. After some time they got married
Verde rilievo Barbisio interno.jpg
This is the story told to me of this Barbisio Classic size 59 cm. or 7/8 US
Verde rilievo Barbisio etichetta carta.jpg
The felt color is " Muschio - Moss" the finish is "Talpa Impermeabile - Waterproof Taupe"
Verde rilievo Barbisio 3a.jpg
These are the measurements: the brim is 4.8 cm, the fancy ribbon is 4 cm and the fully open crown is 14 cm.
Verde rilievo Barbisio 1a.jpg
This is one of the hats that certainly has its own character, then each of us will decide whether it's beautiful or weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk