Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pellie

One Too Many
Hückel by Tonak akron lux quality. Great dark brown color. Nice hat.
20231217_113413.jpg
20231217_113428.jpg
20231217_113234.jpg
20231217_113243.jpg
20231217_113252.jpg
20231217_113303.jpg
20231217_113313.jpg
20231217_113335.jpg

From the same batch.
Zenith fedora in brown. Liner and sweatband say so, as does the label: this one is a sub-brand of Borsalino. Fairly stiff felt (more claylike), but with a very nice smooth hand. Probably not made by Borsalino themselves. Cervo comes to mind as a possible maker.
Size 56 with the raw edge brim at 5,4cm an the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent.

zenith_01.jpg
zenith_02.jpg
zenith_03.jpg
zenith_04.jpg
zenith_05.jpg
zenith_06.jpg
zenith_07.jpg
zenith_08.jpg
zenith_09.jpg
zenith_10.jpg

Bantam Welterweight by Cervo. Grey sandlike colour called pomice on the label. Size 56 with the bound brim at 6,7cm and the crown at 10cm at the center dent. Model is called Alan Ladd? Or the hat belonged to him, which is unlikely.
The hat needs a good cleaning, but I like its looks. Has that nice angled bow on it as well.

cervo bantam pomice_01.jpg

cervo bantam pomice_02.jpg

cervo bantam pomice_03.jpg

cervo bantam pomice_04.jpg

cervo bantam pomice_05.jpg

cervo bantam pomice_06.jpg

cervo bantam pomice_07.jpg

cervo bantam pomice_10.jpg

cervo bantam pomice_11.jpg

cervo bantam pomice_12.jpg

Mossant Bayard homburg, or sometimes called "diplomatique" by the French, in a grey colour called gris fer (iron grey). Borsalino has a grey with that exact same name. Size 56 with the bound brim at 5,7cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. All the Mossant quality is there. I left it without side dents for now.

mossant gris fer_01.jpg

mossant gris fer_02.jpg

mossant gris fer_03.jpg

mossant gris fer_04.jpg

mossant gris fer_05.jpg

mossant gris fer_06.jpg

mossant gris fer_07.jpg

mossant gris fer_08.jpg

mossant gris fer_09.jpg

mossant gris fer_11.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Mossant Bayard homburg, or sometimes called "diplomatique" by the French, in a grey colour called gris fer (iron grey). Borsalino has a grey with that exact same name. Size 56 with the bound brim at 5,7cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. All the Mossant quality is there. I left it without side dents for now.

mossant gris fer_01.jpg

mossant gris fer_02.jpg

mossant gris fer_03.jpg

mossant gris fer_04.jpg

mossant gris fer_05.jpg

mossant gris fer_06.jpg

mossant gris fer_07.jpg

mossant gris fer_08.jpg

mossant gris fer_09.jpg

mossant gris fer_11.jpg
Some great recent finds, Stefan. I particularly like the Alan Ladd. Cool looking hat, especially the bow treatment. Must be from the late 40s or early 50s during the height of his film noir days.

Some great recent finds, Stefan. I particularly like the Alan Ladd. Cool looking hat, especially the bow treatment. Must be from the late 40s or early 50s during the height of his film noir days.
Thank you, Steve. I agree: the Bantam is very attractive. Have to see how I can clean it up. Now, just three more hats to go this year and I'm ready for the 2023 tally.;)

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Bantam Welterweight by Cervo. Grey sandlike colour called pomice on the label. Size 56 with the bound brim at 6,7cm and the crown at 10cm at the center dent. Model is called Alan Ladd? Or the hat belonged to him, which is unlikely.
The hat needs a good cleaning, but I like its looks. Has that nice angled bow on it as well.
Alan Ladd as the actor. Naturally :) I think the Bantam is really nice, but it was made in the fifties. I really like the colors combination and good luck for the cleaning. It deserves attention
This Mossant as most of that period is fantastic. More I see this "Diplomatique" made by this French hatters more I love them

Alan Ladd as the actor. Naturally :) I think the Bantam is really nice, but it was made in the fifties. I really like the colors combination and good luck for the cleaning. It deserves attention

This Mossant as most of that period is fantastic. More I see this "Diplomatique" made by this French hatters more I love them
Grazie, Daniele. Forties or fifties doesn't really matter much to me; the hat is indeed very attractive. I hope I can bring it back to former glory. Can't agree more on the homburg hats; I try to get them whenever I see one worth saving.

Mighty44

One Too Many
I keep telling myself “no more thin ribbons,” and then another amazing thin ribbon falls into my lap. OPS tag intact Stratoliner. The felt is so strange on this one—it was very soft when I got it and seemed to hardly respond to steam. After repeated blasts on each section of the crown I finally got it almost where I wanted it, but could not convince it to hold a diamond shape at the rear. The other Stetson I have like that is a Royal DeLuxe Open Road from around the same era. The color on this is a beautiful silvery blueish gray. Amazing thing about vintage era hats—I’ve got dozens of gray fedoras and no two grays are the same. Even when you think they are, side by side they look dramatically different.

Anyway, pleased with this one.

David
IMG_1206.jpeg

IMG_1207.jpeg
IMG_1214.jpeg
IMG_1215.jpeg
IMG_1216.jpeg

I keep telling myself “no more thin ribbons,” and then another amazing thin ribbon falls into my lap. OPS tag intact Stratoliner. The felt is so strange on this one—it was very soft when I got it and seemed to hardly respond to steam. After repeated blasts on each section of the crown I finally got it almost where I wanted it, but could not convince it to hold a diamond shape at the rear. The other Stetson I have like that is a Royal DeLuxe Open Road from around the same era. The color on this is a beautiful silvery blueish gray. Amazing thing about vintage era hats—I’ve got dozens of gray fedoras and no two grays are the same. Even when you think they are, side by side they look dramatically different.

Anyway, pleased with this one.

David View attachment 571776
View attachment 571777 View attachment 571778 View attachment 571779 View attachment 571780
Oh that is a beautiful color, David.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany