Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Early Stetson Bowler with thin rim binding

IMG_3172.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
rlk said:
4106565180_cf19f668fe_b.jpg

4106545652_f47b9b7122_o.jpg

Dimensionally similar to the Open Road. Fairly soft and smooth felt, lighter weight than some dress felts. I suspect an early Bradford(Resistol) perhaps 1950's.

That's a beautiful hat.. You scored really cool hats lately, some are a tad too 'exotic' styles for my taste but I commend you for the sheer diversity in your hat-collection. Looking cool without the stache too :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
bolthead said:
This was one of my Wish list hats, I found it on ebay a few weeks ago and the Mrs. said I can have it for my Birthday, but I had to wait.......well, that's tomorrow, so the wait is finally over. :D

Sorry about the blurry pics, I was kinda anxious. [huh]

1bac9b81.jpg
2fe34948.jpg

The color is kind of a Peanut Butter brown, very nice.

271641af.jpg
53f34b11.jpg

Any Idea on it's age?

Missed this the first time around, Bolt. Very interesting. Could you please post a close-up of the ribbon -- looks fairly unique to me, in terms of other Playboys I have seen. Also, I have an idea about the age, but could you please post a shot of the liner? That will help to nail things down a bit.

Happy Birthday -- and congrats on finding a Wish List hat!!! :)

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
I am with you on that'un Deputy ! :eusa_clap

Sorry, guys -- I'm with IC on this one! :p The brim is 3 1/4" -- which is a great width for all kinds of outdoors conditions. This one will stay as-is for use as a field hat. I do have a dress-weight Royal Stetson super thin-ribbon in a 2 3/4" brim for more civilized encounters...:D

Cheers,
JtL

RBH

Bartender
jimmy the lid said:
Sorry, guys -- I'm with IC on this one! :p The brim is 3 1/4" -- which is a great width for all kinds of outdoors conditions. This one will stay as-is for use as a field hat. I do have a dress-weight Royal Stetson super thin-ribbon in a 2 3/4" brim for more civilized encounters...:D

Cheers,
JtL
Durn.....

High Pockets

Practically Family
Kreissaege said:

Congratulations Kreissaege,....that's a very nice looking cap.

I've come close to ordering a Hanna more than once, but never followed through with it,....however after seeing one up close today and how it looks on you, I believe I'll go ahead and place that order.:D

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
High Pockets said:
I've come close to ordering a Hanna more than once, but never followed through with it,....however after seeing one up close today and how it looks on you, I believe I'll go ahead and place that order.:D

You really can't go wrong with a Hanna. Lots of variety and they hold up extremely well.

Cheers,
JtL

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
So here's my new hat people cap in the full cut, just slightly smaller than the extra full cut. I haven't worn it enough for it to take on it's ultimate shape or drape yet. The fabric is a little thinner than I would have liked and there was no snap on the brim so I glued it down with hot melt glue. Kind of surprised at that. I really like these newsboy caps and would hope to run across a vintage one someday.
acap001.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many
Herbert Johnson Bowler

This one came out of the bay in pristine condition - except that the seller put an inventory sticker on the sweatband! On removal it marred an otherwise perfect finish :( .

HJ.jpg

I hate taking images of black hats!

hjbow.jpg

HJ-liner.jpg

It fits as if it were made for me. This is very good because it's so hard that there's NO give at all and it could be quite painful if it pressed or rubbed anywhere!

Sue

billysmom

One Too Many
Ephraim Tutt said:
Sue,
Johnson is hatmaker to the British royalty - and Dr Who!

Who knows what noble scones have heretofore donned that lid!

Not many or for very long! It looks unworn. 'Course, if it didn't fit the original owner extremely well I can see where it would get reluctant use, at best. This is a very unforgiving lid. It doesn't even have enough leeway to tilt!

Sue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy